Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but have been trying to follow a low-carb diet for a while due to candida issues (and other health issues, like heavy metals, digestive issues, gastroparesis, fibromyalgia/CFS, etc...and I'm only 25. Ugh).

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the "fat will not make you fat" concept, but it makes sense if a person is not eating much in terms of carbs.

I just started using coconut oil...delish!

Would u recommend i buy Mark's books? I cannot afford all 3, so which would help me out the most? And how are the two cookbook different?

Lastly, has anyone struggled with CANDIDA/metals and found that this diet helped? I would love to see some sample food logs as well as how u treated your candida/metals.

Here is what I am currently eating...remember, I am new to this, so I am open to suggestions! (BTW, I am underweight and would love to put on 15 pounds--muscle please! I used to be an athlete, but my health took a nose dive and the weight came off, along with my muscle.)

1. veggie juice
1 rice cake + 1 TB almond butter + 2 TB rice protein

2. Stir fry (3oz chicken breast, steamed veggies, 1/2TB coconut oil, a few TBs of homemade avocado/pea "guacamole" + kelp, cayenne, black pepper, sea salt)

3. 1 rice cake + 1 TB almond Butter + 2 TB rice protein

4. 2 soft boiled eggs (maybe more veggie juice)

5. Same stir fry as above