Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: martin from leangains just made internet history with the greatest post eve page

dado Guest

martin from leangains just made internet history with the greatest post eve

Shop Now

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    so when's the book commin out?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely fantastic post.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to be tempted to js290 it on dumb posts.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Simply amazing. Berkhan's three month absence was well worth it for this article. Those who are already familiar with Leangains can consider this a 25-question test to see how well they've been paying attention. For newbies it's an excellent FAQ.

Particularly glad that Berkhan spelled out 2-year intermediate goals. Those are a crucial addition to my training spreadsheet.

ErikM is offline Junior Member
    hi

my name is Erik and i suffer from a number of fuckarounditis conditions, most of which are due to a lack of experience working with weights

hopefully there is help for me

Transformation:
    SW - 246# ... 1/2010
    GW: 190#-ish
    primal-ary goal: stay healthy for once

foodie: fu~dee
    Enjoys life through their mouth & stomach and lives to add bacon to every dish possible

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
    hi

my name is Erik and i suffer from a number of fuckarounditis conditions, most of which are due to a lack of experience working with weights

hopefully there is help for me
    For the last month, following and sticking with Starting Strength (along with Practical Programming) eliminated over 75% of those issues. Keeping track, planning, deads and squats etc. Not promoting the book but gym is 100000000000x more fun now that I stick to barbells and basic lifts. Quick too. Already busted through my high school bench PR with ease.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Mommy I don't want to look like the weird lumpy Internet man.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I read this as soon as it came up on my reader (shut up, and please stop throwing my spectacles on the floor, I'm wearing them!) and the whole time I was thinking "fuck, is this me?!" and I am still unsure. See, the thing for me here is, while I can see the value in bar-bell training, I'm just not motivated to do it. I prefer gymnastics-style training, I get excited thinking about going home and doing ring dips and shit like that, practicing levers, checking how my planche progression is coming. It's not as easy to keep track of though, but I do see continuous progress so I don't feel as though I'm suffering from fuckarounditis. I'm realistic in the fact that it's highly unlikely that I'll reach "gymnast" status since I lack the proper coaching or equipment (not to mention, genes) but I do make sure that my training is intense and purpose full.

I won't lie though, this article definitely made me want to give something like SS a real go. I just don't want to go back to a gym, and in my area there's no good ones (ie: where a man can deadlift and squat without having to wait hours). I do own a barbell and plates, but no squat rack and no indoor space for winter-time training. I've trained in the winter outside, but it's definitely a lot more brutal, especially on the hands. With all that in mind, I'm taking Martin's advise to keep records, and make workouts count, but I won't be changing my approach to heavy lifting to reflect what he wrote. The only lift I am interested in getting my numbers up in is the deadlift since it's relatively safe and I have no excuse for not doing it. If I were to try and combine both approaches I probably would decrease my progress in both, and enter the "you're doing too much" realm of fuckarounditis.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I suffer from this...and how.

Can't I just get a shot of penicillin in my dick to cure this?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast