Thread: Nightshade Question: Possible TMI - you have been warned! page

Ransom is offline Senior Member

Nightshade Question: Possible TMI - you have been warned!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I've been trying to figure out if I have an issue with Nightshades. In the past I would eat a lot of green peppers and tomotoes and not really think anything of it. But, of late, I decided to at least limit my intake of them to see what would happen. Now I only eat them if they happen to be in a recipe my wife makes for dinner. However, last night, in an effort to not waste good veggies, I made some scrambled eggs with meat and cut up/added in two whole tomatoes and two whole green peppers. Needless to say it was very tasty. However, that's a lot o' nightshade to go around (and I was cooking for myself so I ate it all). I also seasoned it with crushed red pepper, regular pepper, and ground and dried ancho/red pepper and topped it with some salsa.

Today, around 8:00am I had to use the facilities and it started out relatively normal and then became rather, uhh, mushy in consistency and was more just like a...sludge (there's that TMI). Is that a sign of an issue with nightshades or is that just a result of all the spicyness that was added in? Your thoughts are appreciated!
    Strength and Honor

dado Guest
    That's crazy, bro.

Maybe eat more chocolate.

Ransom is offline Senior Member
    One thing I forgot to mention (and now that I think about it, it's very likely this was the cause). I had a cheat meal on Saturday which included a salsa that contained black beans and corn (chips included), some spanakopita (Think savary baklave with spinach and feta), and, wait for it, cake (and a bit too much of it). It's quite possible that could have cause some of the upset, even if it is 3 or 4 days later. I don't know. I have no regrets. Just thought I'd add that into the equation.
    Strength and Honor

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    the cheat meal for sure. The only time nightshades bother me is when I eat a ton of them in late summer and leave all the seeds in.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    An n=1 is never a good study Try eating a bunch of eggplant and see if the same thing happens. If it does then maybe it is a nightshade issue.

I do hope you get a good answer though - I kinda have the same question myself. Most people seem to notice nightshade problems with joint pain - I have the same response you do and am wondering what it means too.