Thread: Goat Whey page

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member

Goat Whey

Primal Fuel
    Anyone tried this that hasn't had success with regular whey? Need to add in a protein/green primal shake since I'm doing very heavy workouts as of late, but regular organic whey doesn't sit well with me, so I was thinking of trying the goat. It's pretty expensive at our organic market here as well so any input would be appreciated before I buy it
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

yoder is offline Member
    Just to be clear, are you talking about pure whey (in liquid form), not the protein isolate or concentrate form?

Oh, I'm talking about the protein isolate in powder form. For mixing with coconut milk, bcca's and glutamine and spinach/other greens for a post workout smoothie. I'm doing 2x day workouts so I'd like to use some form of smoothie.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    Oh, I'm talking about the protein isolate in powder form. For mixing with coconut milk, bcca's and glutamine and spinach/other greens for a post workout smoothie. I'm doing 2x day workouts so I'd like to use some form of smoothie.
    First off, do you have issues with dairy where the whey is giving you issues? And what issues are you having?

Second, are you sure you're using pure whey isolate? Nearly all the whey on the market is a blend of concentrate and isolate. Mine is a blend of concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate. I don't know if I've ever seen 100% isolate on a store shelf. If you have issues with milk and dairy, usually 100% whey isolate removes those issues. Check your ingredients list - even if it says "Whey Isolate" on it, chances are it's not 100% pure and still has concentrate in it. Most whey is marketed like "whole grain" bread or pasta - it's only 100% if it says 100%, otherwise it's just the primary ingredient.

Third, NOW Foods makes probably the best 100% pure whey isolate on the market. There are no fillers, no colorings, no flavorings...it's pure whey isolate, plain, unflavored. Zero fat, zero carbs.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate, 100% Pure 5Lb: Health & Personal Care

It's outrageously cheap considering you get double the amount of servings in each container since there are no fillers taking up space. If you're having issues with your whey protein, this is definitely worth trying.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    If you lived closer, I'd give you fresh goat milk whey from my cheesemaking!

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    If you lived closer, I'd give you fresh goat milk whey from my cheesemaking!
    @Finnabair....gosh I wish I lived closer! Yummy!

@ChocoTaco369, you are definitely right, I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey but it does have the concentrate in it. Thanks for the amazon link, I will most definitely be trying that out!

@Finnabair, I wish I lived closer also! It'd be great to be able to get something so fresh, and I would have to buy some cheese from you as well!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    @ChocoTaco369, you are definitely right, I'm using Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey but it does have the concentrate in it. Thanks for the amazon link, I will most definitely be trying that out!
    Ah ha! I stopped buying ON-whey a while ago. It's too expensive for what you get and loaded with additives. Their normal stuff is crap and loaded with sucralose, asculfame-K, colors and all kinds of nasty crap. Even their natural stuff uses fructose. Vitacost's in-house brand is better quality, uses stevia and xylitol instead of fructose, contains hydrolysate (which ON does not!) and is $10 cheaper. If you can tolerate concentrate, it's the way to go. Oh yea, and it tastes WAY BETTER than ON's natural protein powder.

Vitacost Whey Protein Complex Powder with BCAAs Glutamine and Glutamine Precursors Chocolate -- 5 lbs - Vitacost

I'm guessing you can't tolerate concentrate? If so, the NOW! Foods brand should allow you to have the effectiveness of whey with none of the side effects. That stuff is the purest on the market.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Goat milk works for me whereas cows milk does not, so if the other one choco recommends doesn't work, goats whey may be worth a try - I am amazed how good I feel on goat's milk and how bad I feel on cow's milk.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html