Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electromagnetic Hypersensitvity page

matey is offline Junior Member

Electromagnetic Hypersensitvity

O.K. Firstly I'm not some wackey woman with phsycological problems. the last time I went to my doc was 3 years ago! I'm not a hyperchondriac.
    I work away from home. I have a yacht charter business, so its clean living often away from 21c echnology. I sleep really well. Sometimes I have to sleep in my van whilst away and I sleep realy well in that too.
    I come home and Bang its insomnia and I begin to suffer badly, vague headache,sleep3 hours anight of broken sleep. I bought earplugs, eye covers, don't eat after 6pm,
    Whats wrong... I'm begining to suspect that electromagnetic hypersensitivity is the culprit.
    The van is a farady cage to all intents and purposes. where I park it has no phone sigmal. In fact all my prefered spots don't have one. TWhen I'm out skippering its very remote, little electricity on a 12v sytem. I don't use marinas.

O.K Mark I'd like some more info EHS, I'm a sceptic and finding it hard to sort through the good, bad and scary stuff. Can you do a peice on it?
    Ta.

kiwigirl42 is offline Member
    I heard a documentary about this only last night on BBC World Service. If you click this link you'll be able to listen to it online

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    It's all woo-woo bullshit, so I don't think Mark will be posting about this anytime soon.
    Are you afraid of visible light and the sun, too? Because visible light and UV radiation are on the electromagnetic spectrum too, and they both have more energy than radio waves.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    It's all woo-woo bullshit, so I don't think Mark will be posting about this anytime soon.
    Are you afraid of visible light and the sun, too? Because visible light and UV radiation are on the electromagnetic spectrum too, and they both have more energy than radio waves.
    Yes, you're bathed in it all the time unless you're down in a mine somewhere, and even then there are those pesky neutrinos.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I try really hard not to assume that things that don't affect me must not be real. When I tell people I can't eat sulfites or sodium nitrite, or that I routinely beat the National Weather Service in predicting local oncoming storms, I'm sure people think it's just being a hypochondriac or seeing cause and effect where there isn't one.

Personally, I don't have an issue with EMFs. I read power meters for a living, so I'm around it all the time. Now they've installed "smart meters", so I'm around those all day long, 6 days a week, and they're putting out a really high concentration of RF waves too. So far, no problems that I can see, and I tend to be ultra sensitive to crap in the environment.

Are you assuming cause and effect where there isn't one? Or are you the canary in a coalmine? I guess I'm saying I don't know, but I don't see the point in being automatically dismissive just because someone else doesn't have the same issue.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    Biologically, the idea of EMF sensitivity is implausible. The whole thing makes absolutely zero sense. Sometimes it's okay to be dismissive.
    Or, you know:

sassafras is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    Biologically, the idea of EMF sensitivity is implausible. The whole thing makes absolutely zero sense. Sometimes it's okay to be dismissive.
    Or, you know:
    Every time I have entered an MRI room, I get really dizzy and it doesn't go away until I leave the suite. Have no clue why, nor does anyone else.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    I have a minor annoyance with the low humming that comes with many electronics and appliances. When the power goes out, I feel so much calmer and if it's out at night I sleep better. Sounds weird, I know, but it just is.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I get the sense (from working with clients) that this is akin to a phobia and definitely feels very real to the person experiencing it. Studies I have read on the web (sorry no links!) support this hypothesis.

EFT is very effective with clearing phobias and would likely be just as effective with EMF sensitivity.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    Every time I have entered an MRI room, I get really dizzy and it doesn't go away until I leave the suite. Have no clue why, nor does anyone else.
    I get a temporary imbalance every time enter and MRI room as well. I used to do some MRI studies so I was in and out a fair amount. I've never heard of any one else who had that issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast