Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electromagnetic Hypersensitvity page 2

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I have a minor annoyance with the low humming that comes with many electronics and appliances. When the power goes out, I feel so much calmer and if it's out at night I sleep better. Sounds weird, I know, but it just is.
    This is me. It's like I don't know how stressed I am ill the humming stops.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Glamorama, that's what I experience. Day-to-day, I don't notice anything, but when the power goes out it feels so peaceful. I liken it to camping and how getting away from the buzz of the city and back to nature has that calming effect.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I try really hard not to assume that things that don't affect me must not be real. When I tell people I can't eat sulfites or sodium nitrite, or that I routinely beat the National Weather Service in predicting local oncoming storms, I'm sure people think it's just being a hypochondriac or seeing cause and effect where there isn't one.

Personally, I don't have an issue with EMFs. I read power meters for a living, so I'm around it all the time. Now they've installed "smart meters", so I'm around those all day long, 6 days a week, and they're putting out a really high concentration of RF waves too. So far, no problems that I can see, and I tend to be ultra sensitive to crap in the environment.

Are you assuming cause and effect where there isn't one? Or are you the canary in a coalmine? I guess I'm saying I don't know, but I don't see the point in being automatically dismissive just because someone else doesn't have the same issue.
    True this. Everyone around me thinks what I have to say about gluten is woo-woo bullsh*t.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    Biologically, the idea of EMF sensitivity is implausible. The whole thing makes absolutely zero sense. Sometimes it's okay to be dismissive.

Just because a scientist hasn't proved it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Scientists don't understand everything and they aren't right all the time about what they think they do understand.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I am a scientist by training, but while I am skeptical of "woo-woo" ideas, I at least keep an open mind and think critically about discussion or evidence about it. I don't know much about electromagnetic effects on the body, but i DO know this: I have a friend who cannot wear a battery powered watch because they die within a few weeks. She cant even have one anywhere on her body, pocket watches even. She says her mom has the same problem. Also, throughout college, her computer was always getting royally screwed up for no discernible reason. She had to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS at least twice a year.

Strange anecdotal evidence of the possible bizarre interactions between a living body and electromagnetic energy? Maybe. But theres no way for us to make firm decisions or conclusions about what the effects of electromagnetic fields are on the human body without proper experimental design and testing.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I have a friend who cannot wear a battery powered watch because they die within a few weeks. She cant even have one anywhere on her body, pocket watches even. She says her mom has the same problem. Also, throughout college, her computer was always getting royally screwed up for no discernible reason. She had to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS at least twice a year.
    That is the most bizarre and fascinating thing I have ever read!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I have a friend who cannot wear a battery powered watch because they die within a few weeks. She cant even have one anywhere on her body, pocket watches even.
    Hmmm, I'd started to think I was the only one. For me it's just watches. Even killed a Timex. Haven't even tried to wear a watch in 30 years, just not worth it.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    They still make watches? Huh.

usernamewhy is offline Junior Member
    well there are animals who are able to sense (electro)-magnetic fields and or radiation i.e. birds!, sharks. dont know if humans can, doubt it. except the visible spectrum with our eyes.

there were tests which showed it was a mental thing. can u use your mobile phone in your car? yes u can, thus it isnt a perfect faraday cage and u have always been hitten by radiation, even in your car

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    My naturopath (who is also primal) is a firm believer in the impact of EMFs on humans.

Here's an interview he gave on the subject recently:

Healthy Living in a World of Technology with Dr Daniel Chong 09/27 by DrLoRadio | Blog Talk Radio

I have been taking steps to reduce EMF exposure for myself and my family, and we have been noticing the difference - better sleep, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast