Thread: Protocol for Adding Back (Testing) Foods page

JohnnyNull is offline Member

Protocol for Adding Back (Testing) Foods

Primal Fuel
    So we've been fairly Paleo for roughly a month. Going very well, some improvements. Very pleased. I hope to post something in the next few weeks.

The plan is now to go uber-strict and remove dairy, nuts, seeds, nightshades, and so on for the recommended month.

So once the "baseline" of health is reached, and we test adding back in, say, tomatoes, should we have a tomato a day, or have tomato-based stuff as much as possible for a week? Another example, should we have a four ounces of milk, or should I drink half a gallon in one day?

In my mind, if you can tolerate something, you should be able to handle hitting it hard. But sometimes I'm terribly dumb.

Thoughts?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    The suggestion I got from someone on this bored is to go 4 weeks without any of the foods you are testing. Then it quite a lot of it (several servings at each meal) for 1-3 days. See what happens over the course of the next week or so, wait until you are back at a good baseline, then test the next food item.

This strategy worked well for me, with one exception....testing things that affect my skin. It seems to take at least ten days for skin issues to flare up. So for skin issues, I would eat the food for one week and then wait three weeks to see what happens.

Good luck!!

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks very much. Makes sense. I'll go with the extended version, as I have had a small skin issue that going Paleo has seemed to have helped.