Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crunchy Knee page

talldean is offline Junior Member

Crunchy Knee

So, my girlfriend convinced me to go primal. So far, so good; been going for the diet for about a month, and just starting to work in some exercise.

I'm about 220 lbs, 6'8", and my right knee crackles whenever I put weight on it while bent; squatting, sitting, climbing stairs, whatever.

Question: think it'll get better? Worse? Go easy at first?

Suggestions are welcome. :-)

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Tall...Go easy at first to build strength in your quads/hamstrings. How old are you? Have you had any issues with it prior/surgeries? I ask only because I'm 45 and had surgery on mine, and occassionally it gives me the rice crispy treatment. However, I will say that since going primal, alot of the issues cleared up pretty quicky...Grok On!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Mine don't crunch anymore and they did for about 10 years. I just now noticed it. Holy shit.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    From what I've heard, provided there's no pain, it's normal in the beginning. It should reduce as your strength improves.

Will Turner is offline Junior Member
    How old are you?
    I went to the doctor for crunchy knees that occasionally felt a little bit of discomfort and he told me I had some condition (I can't remember what the hell the proper name was) that was pretty common among tall men in their twenties/maybe early thirties. According to him, completely harmless. That being said, that was MY diagnosis and it's always best to check in with a doctor. I still make sure to keep good form and back off if I feel the slightest beginnings of discomfort. Good luck!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    OMG, mine don't crunch anymore either! I don't know of it's the diet, the squats, or what. Holy cow.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    The crunchy knee sensation is known as crepitus. It's inflammation/ irritation of the knee cartilage. I had it for years - marching band in high school irritated it a lot. I've been eating paleo for five months now and training with kettlebells - it's completely gone. The primal/paleo diet is anti-inflammatory, so with time I think your situation will improve. Also, you're training so you're building strength. If it becomes bothersome, definitely seek a doctor and physical therapy.

dado Guest
    Ah, same problem here, though it's improved much since going primal and starting weight lifting.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Mine still crunch, well one of them. Mostly notice it when I'm going up stairs. No pain, just noise. I've been eating Primal for over two years and if anything it's more noticable lately. Maybe I need to correct my form on squats or something.

JHen is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mine used to crick and crack when I squat down, but it has gone down a lot lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast