Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stale Food vs Fresh Food page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Bacon, the supreme indulgence!

In the mean time, I'm losing weight eating bacon every morning. I'm on such a tight budget I have to eat condiments in the morning. You guys forgive me?
    Certainly you should eat whatever works best for you and makes you happy....so I'm not suggesting you change anything. But bacon is far more expensive then a lot of other foods. You can buy good quality ground beef for $3/lb on sale and have a hamburger with your eggs in morning if you wanted. Or even pork chops can be found for less than bacon. You could even dress it up a little supreme indulgence if you wanted to

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Certainly you should eat whatever works best for you and makes you happy....so I'm not suggesting you change anything. But bacon is far more expensive then a lot of other foods. You can buy good quality ground beef for $3/lb on sale and have a hamburger with your eggs in morning if you wanted. Or even pork chops can be found for less than bacon. You could even dress it up a little supreme indulgence if you wanted to
    I mean, I have to eat the crap beef. Nobody in my house likes grassfed beef (wierd.) it's the only stuff the wife/mother in law will eat. And yes, I dress it with condiments. Mostly Mirepoix fried in coconut oil (delicious.)

I really wanna cook up some buffalo, but the whole family is like "There's no way in hell you're bringing that in here!" So now I'm stuck with low quality beef and bacon. This sucks.

I mean, I'm gonna be honest here. I had taco bell last night... (Gasp)

I'm poor as sin at the moment, and I was jonesin' for a burrito.

Of course, my weight loss is gonna take a hit, so I just focus on muscle gain in the short term, and everything sorta works out ok. My colon doesn't like me though .
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 09-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat bacon every day, more like once a week, because pigs are fed complete shit in this country and their fat is full of all kinds of junk.

I stick to grass-fed beef for the bulk of my meat needs. If I could find fully pastured pork, or pork that was only fed things that an animal would be able/willing to eat in its natural environment (roots, shoots, bugs, fruits, nuts, etc.), then I would totally eat that bacon all the time.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

marvinsmith078 is offline Junior Member
    The simple difference between steal and fresh foods is fresh foods are good for health and steal foods are harm tour health. From fresh foods your health never go down and steal foods are always harms your health. So, please always prefer fresh food for you and your family.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Trader joes usually sells it for 3.99$. 12 oz of pure 100% tasty condiment.
    i can't find bacon of any sort at trader joe's that doesn't contain sugar. can you?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I don't eat bacon every day, more like once a week, because pigs are fed complete shit in this country and their fat is full of all kinds of junk.

I stick to grass-fed beef for the bulk of my meat needs. If I could find fully pastured pork, or pork that was only fed things that an animal would be able/willing to eat in its natural environment (roots, shoots, bugs, fruits, nuts, etc.), then I would totally eat that bacon all the time.
    I've found some wild boar meat at the local Sprouts store that is great but otherwise I agree that pork is pretty much not doing me any favors.

I got some bulk pastured Berkshire pork, and it's amazing, just amazing how much better it is. I can order pastured pig bacon (no sugar, no nitrates/nitrites), but it's about $8 a pound. I love it, but I don't eat it all the time.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I got some bulk pastured Berkshire pork, and it's amazing, just amazing how much better it is. I can order pastured pig bacon (no sugar, no nitrates/nitrites), but it's about $8 a pound. I love it, but I don't eat it all the time.
    My fave local pig farmer raises pastured Berkshires. We need to order another pig from him soon. Such amazing pork, I can't do the cheap stuff anymore.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    My fave local pig farmer raises pastured Berkshires. We need to order another pig from him soon. Such amazing pork, I can't do the cheap stuff anymore.
    what does the pig farmer do to it before giving you bacon?

Misti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampas View Post
    If you believe the press then eating a small amount of bacon every day (can't remeber how much) increases your chances of getting bowel cancer by 20%. Trouble is people do not know what this means and it looks like a frightening statistic. So to clear up these scaremongering statistics that the press band about I'll attempt to explain what they mean.
    They also didn't mention what the bacon was eaten with -- a nest full of pastured eggs and some yummy vegetables? Or (more likely) pancakes, waffles, HFCS, or CAFO eggs from sick chickens...

(I like bacon, but don't eat it much because of the sugar.)
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12