Like many of us, I have been tracking my cholesterol over time. Here are my levels and I was hoping to get some feedback and also ask a question.

period: Jul-09, Feb-11, Sep-11
total: 178, 193, 226
ldl: 123, 127, 160
hdl: 34, 43, 51
trig: 107, 115, 73
tc/hdl: 5.2, 4.5, 4.4
trig/hdl: 3.1, 2.7, 1.4
ldl/hdl: 3.6, 3.0, 3.1

A little background: Between Jul-09 and Feb-11 I did Zone and lost a few pounds but the main thing I notice was much better management of my cravings. Zone also made me realize that giving up carbs was in fact doable - as many of you know that simple fact is hard to fathom on conventional diets.

So in Sep-2011 I started Primal (eating and fitness) - so far I've lost around 25lbs down to 270lbs.

My latest cholesterol report had all kinds of warnings on it due to my levels being out of range. It can be unnerving but after reading posts on this forum I'm not too worried - so thank you for taking the time to help out us newbs! I was really surprised at how far the trig/hdl ratio dropped.

My question is to those who have been doing PB for some time - how long do your levels take to err umm level out? Is there a period of say months/years where your levels generally stopped changing?