Thread: Grain/Sugar Binge page

anjelevil is offline Senior Member

Grain/Sugar Binge

i had a recent 1 day binge after being primal solidly for almost a month.Before the binge I was able to survive nicely off 2 meals a day.Since the binge I have been feeling famished in the afternoon.Today I had 3 eggs and bacon for breakfast.It's 8 hours later and I am really hungry again.I have eaten a couple of more eggs this afternoon but that hasn't helped..I can actually hear my stomach growling.
    What I would like to know is have any of you felt that from one binge your entire system needs to be really clean before you feel like you are not hitting those crazy hunger spots again?Does one binge make a huge difference?

Iskander is offline Member
    Yeah, binging makes me hungry the next day. My binges aren't really so bad, though (two slices of pizza), so I tend to recover pretty fast.

I just satisfy the hunger with stuff like steak. It's delicious and filling. Throw in some heavy cream with my daily coffee/tea, or even mixed with some full fat milk, and it's fairly easy to deal with the hunger.

Alternately, if I can't get rid of it, I just deal with it. I'm no stranger to the hollow rumble of my stomach.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, sounds logical that you'd get hungrier sooner if you've just jacked up the insulin level in your bloodstream. I used to get hungry every 2 hours or so when eating "healthy" whole grains like bread and pasta.

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Well first off if it's 8 hours since your last meal, i'd be hungry too...so go eat something

Continue to eat primal but what makes you have to stick to two meals a day? If you want the same results (another binge down the road?) then yeah keep doing the same thing, if not switch it up a bit.

Eat whatever you want whenever you want. Don't fuss over carbs, fat, or protien, just eat the most primal, unproccesed whole foods you have availible and you can't go wrong.

And yeah your blood sugars probably wacky right now, just go back to eating whole foods and you'll find balance again. Maybe you'll naturally fall into two meals a day again, but don't force anything

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=milkycereal;581428]Well first off if it's 8 hours since your last meal, i'd be hungry too...so go eat something
    It's not that I am trying to fast but have not naturally felt hungry for the past four week in between meals.Last food by 6 pm or 7 and not again until 7 am.Dinner again at 6pm..never hungry between the two.This is why I was wondering if the grain/sugar binge I had on Friday would be causing me that starvation feeling..was this the binge working it's way out of the body?As I have been one month of not starving and feeling fine why am I now really hungry after the same amount of food?
    Thanks for your reply..thanks to all who have replied

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Fretting about a binge is something you never want to do, and it can actually reinforce the habit. To 'normalize' your appetite, I'd recommend focusing on protein. Sometimes it's not what's especially appealing to me, but it ends up being what I needed. I don't know why you are resisting eating if you haven't eaten in 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Yeah, sounds logical that you'd get hungrier sooner if you've just jacked up the insulin level in your bloodstream.
    lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    Yeah, binging makes me hungry the next day. My binges aren't really so bad, though (two slices of pizza), so I tend to recover pretty fast.

I just satisfy the hunger with stuff like steak. It's delicious and filling. Throw in some heavy cream with my daily coffee/tea, or even mixed with some full fat milk, and it's fairly easy to deal with the hunger.

Alternately, if I can't get rid of it, I just deal with it. I'm no stranger to the hollow rumble of my stomach.
    This post, specifically considering eating 2 slices of pizza to be a binge, and describing the compulsion to eat that a binger feels as a "hollow rumble in your stomach" make me feel like you don't actually binge.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by anjelevil View Post
    i had a recent 1 day binge after being primal solidly for almost a month.Before the binge I was able to survive nicely off 2 meals a day.Since the binge I have been feeling famished in the afternoon.Today I had 3 eggs and bacon for breakfast.
    Sounds like the challenge here is an understanding of what a real meal is, and also that a month really is nothing.

Eat some vegetables, you'll be fine.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.