Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast Anyone??? page

gsg603 is offline Junior Member

Breakfast Anyone???

I have never been much of a breakfast eater. I am already bored with bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast. Wanting to find new ideas for breakfast. I was hoping by asking here and seeing what everyone else eats, that may inspire me and give me some new ideas.

What is your favorite breakfast? Could you include recipe if it involves one?

Thank you.
    Dena

Proud Single Mom to Mackenzie

Proud Non-Smoker since 10/29/05

I believe that how you feel is very important to how you look - that healthy equals beautiful.
    Victoria Principal

June is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to eat breakfast.

My favorite is my ginger-salmon patties. One can salmon, tsp ginger, 1-2 eggs, 1TB coconut oil, mix it up in a dish, spoon into 3 patties, and fry it in coconut oil.

Shhted is offline Member
    Another tip? Don't make it breakfast food. Have a steak, burger, pork chop, BAS, salmon filet, pile of shrimp... just not all at once. I like the breakfast brat with sauerkraut.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I like eggs and bacon, or those delicious little breakfast muffins from the PB cookbook, or leftovers from the night before, or just thinking I don't feel hungry and will wait until I am to eat something! It doesn't have to be traditional "breakfast food" to taste good. If you're eating dairy, then yoghurt and berries are delicious, too.

jenni is offline Member
    Yesterday was pork loin. Today was a big, bacon cheeseburger. I get sick of eggs too

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Back when I ate breakfast, i loved having broth for breakfast. It's warm, fragrant and surprisingly energizing!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I've found it's easier for me to not eat in the mornings (like the ONE TIME I can say no to food) so I work with it and eat a lot more later in the day.

That said - on the weekends, berries with a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream beats the crap out of any Belgian waffle I've ever had. Or Wild Rice Porridge (if you allow yourself such things) or Home made bison (maple glazed and spicy) sausage (Mitch Omner's recipe from Hell's Kitchen) with a poached or fried egg on top.... Breakfast hash with whatever leftover meat you have or actually make some corned beef... Ina Garten's herb baked eggs... Melon wrapped in prosciutto, spicy egg casserole with fresh salsa and greens, sage mustard breakfast sausage with mashed sweet potatoes. Mashed sweet potato cakes for that matter (mix up your leftover sweet potatoes with egg and a tablespoon or two of your primal 'flour' of choice and fry in butter) Baked apples and goat cheese, Huevos Rancheros, Eggs (or chicken...or whatever) with pesto and micro greens, Roasted mini pumpkins with coconut milk, cinnamon and nutmeg..... Full fat greek yogurt with pumpkin seeds, cocoa, cinnamon, sliced almonds.... I dunno....

Get creative.

Shhted is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzington View Post
    Home made bison (maple glazed and spicy) sausage (Mitch Omner's recipe from Hell's Kitchen) with a poached or fried egg on top.
    LOVE THAT STUFF!!! I have been a fanboy of Hell's Kitchen since it opened. I think I know where I'm going to lunch... NOM NOM NOM.

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat eggs anymore (love them, but they don't love me - sniff sniff) so my breakfast is usually not "breakfast food".

Yesterday I had a steak and some mozarella cheese followed by a banana and a cup of tea with coconut oil. Usually I try for a protein heavy, very low carb breakfast but the banana was calling to me and I'm trying not to stress too much over all this (stress=bad) so I just ate the dang thing.

Today I had baked salmon and a can of sardines with a cup of tea with coconut oil.

The other week I have some leftover chicken that was dry and gross and I really don't recommend that, but I just sucked it up and ate it (blah).

My favorite breakfast is a steak cooked on the stovetop. Alone if it's big enough, or with other meat or cheese on the side if it's not (I'm trying for the Leptin reset big protein breakfast thing). But sometimes I will eat leftovers. Today's fish was pretty unusual but I was in a fishy mood.

My husband (who does not have a problem with eggs - lucky duck) eats omelettes every day. I'm trying to get him to eat a bigger breakfast so this morning he made one with 3 eggs with sausage slices, cheese, onions and crumbled hamburger mixed in.

Iskander is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like to have a big cup of coffee with a lot of heavy cream (~300 cal worth) for breakfast.

Alternately, if I'm actually hungry: Homemade Greek yogurt, a mini-steak, or veggies with an olive oil + garlic dip.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast