Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 to 1 pound of liver in a sitting page

tarek is offline Senior Member

1/2 to 1 pound of liver in a sitting

Shop Now
    Is there any issue with consuming this amount of liver? I understand the vitamin A issue, but my question is geared more towards those who have actually eaten lots of liver in a sitting -- is it really serious?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that i can't tell you. what i can tell you is that i eat a lot of liver at a time, but i only eat it once every few months. i didn't died yet, YMMV

also, i am not an expert
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Haha, yeah, I don't plan on doing it consistently -- I just bought two pounds of grass-fed liver, and didn't really think about the vitamin A content until I got home. :|

I guess I can always freeze it and add small amounts to other dishes. Ah, well.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    hmm.. if it were me, i'd freeze half for the next go round then chow down
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I would eat it everyday, but that was before i was working on my macros, what is the prob with too much Vit A again?

In general, acute toxicity occurs at doses of 25,000 IU/kg of body weight, with chronic toxicity occurring at 4,000 IU/kg of body weight daily for 6–15 months.[34] However, liver toxicities can occur at levels as low as 15,000 IU per day to 1.4 million IU per day, with an average daily toxic dose of 120,000 IU per day, particularly with excessive consumption of alcohol. In people with renal failure, 4000 IU can cause substantial damage. In addition, excessive alcohol intake can increase toxicity. Children can reach toxic levels at 1,500 IU/kg of body weight.[35]

25,000 x 165kg = 4 125 000 / 4732 = 812 oz liver = 54 pounds of liver in one sitting

or

4000 x 164kg = 660 000 / 4732 = 139 oz liver = 8 pounds of liver daily

plug your KG converted weight into the equation to learn your tolerance
    Last edited by quelsen; 09-27-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I portion my liver in 200 g portions, which is slightly under 1/2 lbs. That's minimal amount that feels like food & can be comfortably made in a small frying pan without having to play 'catch me if you can' with the meat slices! I eat it once a week, and I have never felt any adverse effects.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

localad is offline Senior Member
    I have found that 1 lb of lambs liver in one meal usually gives bright yellow wee within one hour! (Vit b, I think)

(I eat it just seared)
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Polar bear liver is what has ridiculous amounts of Vit A. Unless you're chowing down on it, you'll be just fine.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

dado Guest
    you did good, kid. eat the liver.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I tend to eat about 3 oz two or three times a week. I love it in small amounts - too much and I begin to find the flavour overpowering. Natures way of keeping me from over indulging?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast