Thread: Primal binging/high calorie days page

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member

Primal binging/high calorie days

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have these super intense days where I am just craving food. It isn't necessarily hunger, either, just days I find myself really wanting to eat! Most days I average 2100 calories, but I'd say once or twice or month I eat upwards of 4,000 calories. This happened today and it makes me feel so out of control!

I just don't know what to make of it. Is it my body just needing more calories or is it in my head?? Do you guys ever have this experience?

For example, tonight I had a primal beef stew following by, like, a cup of macadamia nuts and two cans of coconut milk! Ugh.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It's fine. I can eat 3700 calories some days and feel just right.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

PingPrime21 is offline Junior Member
    I have days ( one was today) where I just crave pure crap. Ate 8 mini snickers, 8 kitkats and a nutty bar. Ate it all and now I feel like crap but I no longer have the craving and usually wont crave this crap for another 2-3 weeks. But if you are bunging on primal food then I wouldn't really worry. One day of eating like crap really is not that big of a setback as long as it doesn't turn into an every other day or even twice a week, imo.

Sean_OToole is offline Member
    I definitely get that too. If you're trying to lose weight I would suggest forgetting the nuts and liquid calories when the cravings hit. Try to just go for another helping of stew or something else a little more satiating than snack foods. If that doesn't work then get up and take a walk. If you walk for a while and you're still hungry the whole time you're out, then maybe it's real hunger. It also helps me to think about the fact that I'm not going to harm myself by not eating. Even if you are experiencing real hunger, that doesn't mean you HAVE to eat something. You're health will not suffer, and actually will probably be improved, if you ignore hunger periodically.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Remember, if you're hungry, EAT! If not, don't sweat it. Just keep it primal, and all will be well:-)

runningwild is offline Senior Member
    I used to have days like that. They are less often now.

For me it was emotional eating. Whenever i wanted to binge i spent 5 minutes thinking about why i wanted to eat this, how i would feel after it and picture myself looking healthy and well. Then i would drink some water to distract myself and the craving passed. I have heard that other people say that doing some push ups or other exercises helps too. I find if i exercise in the morning before work then i am less likely to binge as i feel good about myself, comfortable and confident.

not sure if that helps its just what i do!

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not trying to lose weight, but I definitely am concerned about maintaining- I really like my body now and don't want to gain!

That being said, I think I've actually learned my lesson this time. I actually still feel like crap this morning (morning after!) and it is not pleasant. I have to acknowledge that coconut makes me hungry, but I also have to take responsibility for making the decision to seriously overeat.

I like the points you guys made. Especially that hunger won't hurt me- so even if it is real hunger and I ignore it, so what?

But I also am glad you guys put it in perspective.... once in a blue moon (hopefully) won't hurt me!

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    I get like this when I don't sleep. I don't think it is the lack of sleep that causes it. I think that something cause both the appetite and the sleep changes. I don't really do this much anymore after doing the leptin reset. It seemed to even out my daily energy needs more than anything else I tried.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Only times I feel like I overeat these days are when I have foods with a lot of salt. The two big offenders are macadamia nuts and pork rinds, and I'm starting to phase out eating them. Definitely not a huge loss because the nutritional value of both of them is a bit dubious, even disregarding the salt.