Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED to Eat, Even When Full? page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

NEED to Eat, Even When Full?

Primal Fuel
    Sometimes I just keep eating, especially later at night. Even when I'm completely full I'll still eat sometimes. This happens a lot with bananas. I can't just eat one. And then after I eat like 5-6, I'm bloated. Mind you, it's always "primal" food.

I'm an ectomorph if that helps.

A few theories:

1. I feel the need to eat food because my digestive system is telling me it's "full", and in a way needs more food to help it push the food forward in my digestive track.
    2. I'm not eating enough calories during the day (haven't counted them yet, will do in the future)
    3. Since this usually happens with fruits, it may just be a simple sugar craving.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bosnic; 09-26-2011 at 06:05 PM.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Is it always with bananas or a few other specific foods? If so, try cuting them out completely for a while, then if you like, reintroduce them in moderation. I used to WAY overeat on nuts and couldn't moderate my intake. I stopped eating them at all for at least a month. Then when I reintroduced them I was able to eat them in moderation.

Also, other members have reported success with digestive enzyme supplements. If your digestion is poor then you aren't getting the nutrition you should be from your food. which would explain being constantly hungry

I have days like this. I'm not hungry but I just HAVE to keep eating. I find it's usually if I have a small lunch or skip an afternoon snack. I also keep it primal but I'm like why did I do that. How was your food during the day? And don't beat yourself up just go again tommorow.

Mark
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I can debunk your first theory. If your digestive system is good at one thing, it's making sure that food moves along through it. As soon as you swallow something, the whole system starts chugging away. Also, what leaves your stomach is called chyme and it's a liquid goop of dissolved food.

Have you been trying very-low-carb or zero-carb eating? Adding potatoes, sweet potatoes, and maybe even white rice might help.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating? Next time try a few spoonfuls of lard (or beef tallow if you've already made it), coconut oil, or a whole can of aroy-d coconut milk. A stomach full of those and you'll be satisfied enough to push the plate away. I promise. It takes about 3000 calories to make me feel full. But it does happen.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Is it always with bananas or a few other specific foods? If so, try cuting them out completely for a while, then if you like, reintroduce them in moderation. I used to WAY overeat on nuts and couldn't moderate my intake. I stopped eating them at all for at least a month. Then when I reintroduced them I was able to eat them in moderation.

Also, other members have reported success with digestive enzyme supplements. If your digestion is poor then you aren't getting the nutrition you should be from your food. which would explain being constantly hungry
    It's usually with heavy foods. Earlier I had a big plate of vermicelli (I know, not 100% primal), but even after filling my stomach with all those carbs, I could have easily just ate something more. My stomach feels completely full, and even feels a bit like it's "too full" or "clogged", and then I feel like I should eat more.

I've contemplated digestive enzymes. I do believe I'm not absorbing enough nutrients. When I eat a few bananas, I'm instantly constipated for at least a day or more.

How do these look?:
    http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Pro...ic/M003113.htm

Also, I have oral thrush which I can't seem to get rid of. It's most likely a sign of gut flora imbalance. If I cut out simple sugars and fruits, it reduces a lot, but it's always there. Maybe I need a probiotic?
    Last edited by Bosnic; 09-26-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Have you been trying very-low-carb or zero-carb eating? Adding potatoes, sweet potatoes, and maybe even white rice might help.
    Actually, I think it happens more with carby foods, especially bananas.

I think the suggestion for more-fat will help. My diet is relatively low in fat. I just put some chicken in the oven for my lunch tomorrow, and I smothered it in coconut oil. lol

tarek is offline Senior Member
    How many calories are you eating? Six bananas may seem like a lot of food, but in reality, you're only eating around 600 calories. I'll probably be the only one on this forum to condone eating that much fruit, but in any case, it can take a while to get used to eating enough for your height, weight, and activity level. Depending on activity level, the average active male needs about 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day (athletes need even more). To put things in perspective, 16 oz. of steak is around 1,000 calories (more or less depending on the cut), 16 oz. of potatoes is about 400, and a tablespoon of oil is around 100.

If you're constipated after eating that many bananas, make sure you're also drinking enough water. You might also want to consider eating fully ripe bananas; green-tipped ones usually cause indigestion for a lot of people. When they're spotty, they're ripe.
    Last edited by tarek; 09-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    I totally feel your pain. It has happened to me mostly with nuts and nut butters. I'm determined to get a handle on nuts- in fact, I think I'm doing much better with them as long as I don't keep too much around the house. Nut butters are simply on my "no way" list. And apparently coconut in all forms has some ill effect on me and is now being added to the "no" list, too.

*sigh*

It feels bad, though, doesn't it? I wish I were the kind of person who didn't track so meticulously, so then I wouldn't know! Trying to just move on when it happens though, and not obsess over it.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    You may want to try going completely gluten free for awhile. I used to have the exact same thing, especially after eating grains or gluten foods, especially pasta. I'm gluten intolerant and once I went GF it stopped. I eventually had to stop eating all grains because I just don't digest them well. I think my body was telling me that it didn't register what I was eating as food and wanted real sustenance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast