Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennerating a Primal Life page

Jennerator is offline Member

Cool Jennerating a Primal Life

Primal Fuel
    as
    Last edited by Jennerator; 10-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hooray for mental transformations! I am on that road too
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I ate a lot today. Which is probably good because I think I'm not eating enough lately. I think its because I usually eat 2 meals a day.
    So woohoo for food!
    I had leftover curry for breakfast. Curry for breakfast?? But isn't that crazytalk?? Yes it was pretty crazy but I'm living on the edge. There was a bit of rice involved, because the edge involves danger.
    Then a salad for lunch with 2 hardboiled eggs. I love you salad bar, but why must you only be open for 3 hours out of the day? Its pretty much the only primal friendly food source on campus.
    I then ate a whole bag of nuts. Ohhhh god sooo many nuts. I don't know how it happened but there you have it.
    Then lamb chops for dinner with some veg friends. Tasty tasty happy lamb.
    Lamb that was allowed to run free and kick up its heels and chew on grass and sniff things is so so much yummier. Its because you can really taste the happy. And everyone loves happy.

Hmm and I paired all that food with no exercise. Well you can't win them all, I will have to tear it up tomorrow morning. (Yes! you have to!! do it!)

ps: Yay namelesswonder! I have creeped your journal actually

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jen (?)! I hope primal goes well for you. Exercises is important but food is much more so. Just keep working on getting into primal and don't worry about slips, like maybe the nuts (depending on the type of nuts and the size of the bag.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

My
    Last edited by Jennerator; 10-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.

oh
    Last edited by Jennerator; 10-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Get rid of them! Are the granola bars there for your boyfriend or you (don't know if you live with him)? If you live with him, maybe you can separate the non-Primal stuff to a different section of the pantry and overlap what you both can use so you avoid looking at the temptation. Otherwise, throw them out!

I know what you mean about the temptation though. There's an amazing looking muffin waiting for me in the fridge. I'm hoping that the longer I resist it (it's been there since sometime last week I think), the less good it'll be because it'll get moldy! I don't schedule cheats, I just try not to have them around. When they happen, they happen, but after almost 3 months of pretty good 80/20 primal eating, I don't crave this stuff as much anymore (like thinking about pizza right now, not as interested as I would have been; more interested in the lack of preparation).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

yes
    Last edited by Jennerator; 10-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Jennerator, you have an awesome attitude. I think writing a goodbye letter to sugar is a great idea. Maybe write it like a performance review if sugar was your employee. That way you can bring up all of the negative things it does and not worry about hurting it's feelings.

I try to keep temptations out of my house, and make sure to stay away from the store at "hungry o'clock." That's when my worst decisions get made. Even if I just went into the store for more lettuce, I end up in the bakery. They're not next to each other at all. I've found that the longer I go with doing better, the less interested I am in previously tempting things.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    As for motivation to eat healthily, for me lying in the emergency room and in cardiac intensive care helped. I wouldn't recommend them though.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast