Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help from fellow grokettes please! page 5

misathemeb is offline Member

Primal Fuel

@pik my doc is thinking i have PCOS and all my hormone levels were fine, no US abnormalities and i have no symptoms...just irregular periods. i'm 112-115lbs at 5'4 so in a healthy weight range i just can't seem to get regular!

after 5mos i was put on provera for 10 days and was able to get my period in december. now she wants me to wait 3 months and see if i get it again. if my body works properly i should be getting it next week but i'm not going to stress now that i know there isn't a bigger problem (since she ran a full hormonal work up and did an ultrasound on me)

Les Guest

i have not read through this entire thread, but I cant believe how much the first post sounds like me!!

I grew up a teen with bulimia and anorexia...my weight went up and down. I ended up at 190lbs at 5'8. I did the south beach diet and kept it ultra low carb and fat and got down to 139lbs....that was no binging and purging and just eating healthy fish and veg and some dairy for over a year.

Then I became a vegan! big mistake!! i gained 30lbs eating too much fruit all day a small salad at night and a little tofu! thats it! maybe 1000cals a day.

Well now Im back to low carbing the primal way and my weight will not budge!!!Ive actually gained as well. ive been primal for about 7 months now and I cannot loose a pound.

Just a thought to the woman that started this post....We have both lowered and screwed up our metabolisms due to yo yo dieting and the EDs! I too missed my period for about 3 years until I got it back regularly only 5 months ago!

You have to give it time...heal your body with primal foods and dont under eat! Increase your calories so your body learns to trust you! and of course increasing them will make you gain weight if your only eating 1000cals a day! you are starving yourself and your body is holding on to everything you've got.

Eat lots of veg, lean proteins and fats! Dont think about calories!! add EVOO to your salads to raise your caloric intake and exercise. If your a binger dont bring those food into your house...drink lots of water....i swear if you stop your bad ED habits your body will even out. You will loose weight but it might take a few years....

ALSO: take lots of a good quality fish oil! I found that when i added this into my daily diet my period came back!!I like nutra sea apple flavour!!

misathemeb is offline Member

checking back in...i did get a period in december after being on provera but i haven't had one since i'm 5'4 114lbs so i'm not underweight and i've been primal since august. the doc is still thinking PCOS even though i'm completely asymptomatic aside from the whole not getting a period thing. i even tried eating 4tbsp of nutbutter a day for the last few weeks,just something to maybe help my body think it was healthy enough or fat enough to have a period and no dice i called the doc yesterday to maybe put me back on birth control (i was off it since last april and just can't cycle on my own regularly)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345