Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbs - best primal sources? page

gaz4 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey,

I'm just wondering which primal foods are best to get my carb intake up to the 100-150g/day mark?

I've had a big omelette this morning with (4 eggs, 3 slices bacon, tamatoes, spinach, onions)

For dinner, a lot of lettuce and cucumber with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chicken and olive oil.

So far, i've had hardly any carbs at all, and I am not looking to lose weight.

Was hoping for some decent primal foods to up my carb intake?

GotPrimal Guest

onions, tomatoes (I use alot of salsa on everything), get some berries in there, occasional tuber.

If you can handle dairy, some grass finished raw yogurt, milk?

Acmebike is offline Member

You won't necessarily lose weight with a low carb approach! The gain and loss of fat, as well as the building and loss of muscle and bone mass are all hormonal driven processes. You have to have the correct fuel, building blocks and micro-nutrients available to you body, and the Primal diet (as you listed example is pretty ideal!) provides just that.

Also, your exercise, sleep, stress, patterns will all control this hormonal process. So much as Raphael will point out, there is no need to be afraid of carb intake, but also no reason to artificially raise your carb intake.

Decent carbohydrate (that is not coupled with toxins) can be found in many squashes, nuts, shredded coconut, yams/sweet potatoes, rice (a grain), and the like. Keep it to real foods as you are, and let the carb levels sort themselves out.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Coconut milk and coconut water have a nice number in them. If you really want to up your carb intake, just drink those throughout the day.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Hi :]

If you're not looking to lose weight, and you want to get the best out of your lifting, then indeed, you shouldn't be afraid of carbs.

Acmebike mentioned some really good foods, many of which I eat regularly. I would also recommend quinoa (complete protein, easier to cook than rice) and bananas.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

GotPrimal Guest

Which milk are you referring to CC6?

Im looking at the cans I&#39;ve bought, and they have 2 grams of sugar per serving/14 per Can..

Yeah, but quinoa is still a grain, no matter which way you put it. I wouldn&#39;t really call it a primal option, just like I wouldn&#39;t call a rice a primal option.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Coconut milk has like 10 carbs per 600 calories!!!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

GotPrimal, hmmm. I don&#39;t think the brands of CO milk I have on hand show any sugar in them. I might be wrong, however.

I suppose CO is naturaly a tad bit on a sweet side, but it&#39;s such a small amount. Certainly much smaller than in a dairy milk.

Coconut milk also has a ton of good saturated fats so you can meet both goals with one boolet. Coconut water is much less calorie-dense though, so maybe try that.

By the way, coconut water is an excellent source of hydration during and after workouts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast