Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go off Primal, see what happens page

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Boy, Gerard Butler, the star of "300" sure has gone off the Primal plan:

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2010/01/gerard-butlers-bares-his-belly.html

http://www.criticalbench.com/celebrity-weight-gain.htm

But to be fair, he maybe never was Primal. Hmmmm, that is the crazy thing about CW plans, he sure got super duper ultra buff, but man has he crashed and burned. I wonder if getting lean and muscular for that role was based on CW techniques, or if Primal/Paleo nutrition entered into it. I know they worked with Marc Twight at Gym Jones, don't know their nutritional approach. Pretty safe to say Gerard has re-introduced carbs and grains into his diet....

I'm glad to have gone full Primal/Paleo! I'm not quite ready for my ab-close up for "300", but I'm sure heading the right direction! Not like our man Gerard!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Ouch. I remember reading about his exercise routine during the 6 months of training. They worked out 8 hours a day on average and eat plenty of carbs to build muscle quickly. It was a strict low-fat, high-carb type of diet.

I also think that article is very harsh. I can think of quite a few great actors that were never that fit to begin with but are wonderful at what they do. Same goes for signers.

My boyfriend told me the other day that he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Kelly Clarkson. I started to chuckle because he's a big heavy-metal guy. I then learned that he meant that she was a big breath of fresh air because she's talented but refuses to confirm to a stick-skinny prototype of a successful pop-sensation that everyone seems to be so obessed about. I couldn't agree more.

BNDR is offline Junior Member

I hate to admit it, but if someone offered my $1M to put on 30lbs., I'd be awfully tempted!! Fortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon! I'll stick with Primal!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I don't think he looked good in 300 at all. His muscles look all inflated and artificial. :\

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

That&#39;s because they did a lot of airbrushing during the actual shooting. I&#39;ve seen his pictures without any makeup and he looked OK.

I personally don&#39;t really care for unnaturally muscular look though.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

No way, if you watch the extra stuff on the 300 DVD you&#39;ll see the guys actually doing their workouts...they look almost exactly like they do in the movie. Sure, they put makeup around the outlines of the muscles to make them look a little more defined, but they put makeup between women&#39;s breasts to make them "pop" more too. The base is there, the makeup just helps a little bit. Gerard Butler in 300 is one of my all time favorite characters...as is Brad Pitt in Troy Yowza!

I though Gerard was still hot in P.S. I Love You, even though he wasn&#39;t super ripped anymore. He hadn&#39;t gained as much weight as he has recently, but he didn&#39;t have a 6-pack anymore.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

thecarla is offline Junior Member

I admit I am coming from the perspective of a middle aged 269 pound woman, but I think he looks fine. I was looking for the shots of him having this giant beer belly and man boobs and didn&#39;t see it. No he didn&#39;t look like an Olympic athlete, but he&#39;s still cute.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I agree with hannahc on this one...

I think that Gerrard Butler looked great in 300. It takes an amazing amount of hard work and dedication to pull that off. However, he also looked quite good in P.S. I Love You (Yes, I&#39;ve seen that movie ladies!) without him being hard and chisled.

As for Brad Pitt in Troy, probably the best he&#39;s ever looked. Not too muscled, just a very athletic look. Kinda what I&#39;m shooting for myself.

I grok, therefore I am.

Shine is offline Member

I don&#39;t think Gerard Butler looks that terrible; he has not gotten fat and slovenly like Russel Crowe did. Then again, last semester I fell off of the primal wagon and landed in a giant vat of Dairy Queen Blizzards; perhaps I don&#39;t think that Butler looks quite so bad because I chunked up a bit myself.

But it still angers me that although neither Butler nor Crowe are sporting the physiques that made them famous, both men will still be able to secure heartthrob movie roles. If a woman were to lose her famous physique, I highly doubt that she would still be offered movie roles as the leading sexpot. Let&#39;s say Megan Fox or Jessica Biel suddenly ballooned up forty pounds...fat chance at either of them getting any more starring movie roles. (Okay, that pun was beyond atrocious. Please accept my apologies.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast