Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does my body suddenly hate eggs? page

Shop Now

I love eggs. To keep primal, I make a "quiche" of eggs, chopped broccoli, and some type of meat on Sundays, portion it out and freeze individual servings for breakfast all week. I've been doing this for about a year or so and I enjoy every breakfast.

Recently, I have gotten nauseous after breakfast and it passes within 5 minutes or so. Not so lucky this morning. My body "rejected" breakfast. What happened? Have I O-D-ed on eggs? This is upsetting because I love them and can't bring myself to eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast, which if I can't have eggs, doesn't leave me with much.

How can my body reject such a perfect food?

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Hey PJAP!!! I hope Tara Tootie sees this thread, she's allergic to egg yolks, but I don't know how long it's been that way. Maybe she knows? TT where are you!

It's possible to develope allergies in adulthood, though that one would definitely suck. I love eggs too, I hope it's just a phase for you

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

misathemeb is offline Member

@primalj...i have never been able to eat more than 3 eggs in a day. i usually stick to 2 eggs because at the risk of TMI...eating 3 sends my tummy into a bubbling, gurgling gas hemisphere that is quite unpleasant. i buy liquid egg whites in the store to sub in as i'm pretty sure it's the yolk that does me in. have you tried cutting back on the # of whole eggs you have for brekkie?

my go to sample breakfast is 2 whole eggs and .25c egg whites, lots of EVOO & a strip or 2 of bacon

The ratio is 1 egg and 1/2 cup of egg beaters. Maybe I just need a break. My curiousity is killing me, though. Why would my body reject something so healthy? Is it possible that it's because I am not buying organic? I think I will take a break until Monday and start with organic, pasturized eggs to see if there is a difference. I just don't know what to eat in the meantime.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I have to have a different egg dish often. If I eat eggs the same way too many days in a row, I get nauseous, or worse!

I dunno why, but if I keep changing up how I make them, this doesn't happen.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Take a break. I'm the same way. I buy organic Omega-3 eggs from Country Hen--top shelf stuff. After a week or so of straight eggs, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut a few times. I usually switch to avocados for a few days.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

Why use the egg beaters? That'd be the first thing to go for me.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Yes, I think your body is rejecting egg beaters, and not neccessarily the eggs. Why in the workd do you use those? They are highly processed, and depending on brand, have a load of nesty stuff in it that your body simply doesn't recognize.

I'd say take a break for couple of days and then try reintroducing regular eggs, no egg beaters. Do one at a time and see how you feel.

Brad is offline Member

Yeah ditch the egg beaters, I don't know why but they do the same to me. Two whole eggs every morning, and I never have a problem.

Good luck

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Have you experimented with other foods? Are you sure it's the eggs and not just the time of day? I'd switch around the dinner and breakfast meals to see what happens.

(Sure you're not pregnant?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast