Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are 1 or 2 eggs per day bad for you? page 4

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I only go through 6-12 eggs a week. Sometimes I have them for breakfast every day and sometimes I don't eat them for several days. But if I feel like pigging out on 6 scrambled eggs all at once (especially with a bit of cheddar cheese!) I don't worry about it.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Eggs are health food. They are the poster food for bad science - they got the blame when everyone first decided in the 80s to cut cholesterol. Multiple studies on egg consumption itself revealed them to be completely harmless as far as heart disease - so now they are recommended even by mainstream science.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

CavemanCop is offline Junior Member
    I try to eat at least three whole eggs a day, it has shown to increase strength and muscle mass

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I eat two eggs a day normally...sometimes they're hard to get down (due to pregnancy), but I think they're a health food for me and my growing baby!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanccfshr View Post
    When the days get shorter the damn chickens start to molt or shed old feathers and begin to grow new oness. All the protien and energy they consume goes towards growing new feathers and egg production drops drasticly. Plus with the onset of nightly freezes the insect population drops and so does the quality and brigh orange yolk goodness of the pastured eggs. It's winter. Seasonbaly I guesse that means we should go with the cycle and reduce egg consumption until the quality improves again in the spring when insects are abundent for chicken food again.
    We have some molters in our flock right now...they're still producing well, though overall production has dropped due to the winter season/shorter days. They are a bit more dependent on the chicken feed (boo), but we try to make sure they get plenty of kitchen/meat scraps.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    As Doctor Atkins once said. Eggs are the closest thing to a perfect food we have.

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    i usually do two jumbo brown cage free eggs with some other stuff in the morning...

might end up bumping that to 4 eggs though...need and WANT..the protein...haha
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I have no problem eating 6 at a time when I make scrambled eggs. Heck, one time, hubby made an 8 egg omelette. It took up the entire griddle. IT. WAS. EPIC!
    I ate a whole dozen one time... It was hilarious because my uncle had just gotten these eggs from his neighbor (who got them from his chickens). That sounds kinda messed up, but you would have to understand our relationship...

As for the topic, I can only think of two small issues with eggs. One minor thing might be the allergic side of them. Another is applying the Paleolithic perspective: eggs were not available every day. They would be somewhat of a rarity, but they'd be feasted upon when found.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    .... is applying the Paleolithic perspective: eggs were not available every day. They would be somewhat of a rarity, but they'd be feasted upon when found.
    That's an interesting thought. I have times where I have 6 eggs every morning for days and then other times where, meh, they just don't appeal that much.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ostrich eggs are delectable and very Grokian.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast