Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are 1 or 2 eggs per day bad for you? page 3

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a problem when eating chicken eggs from chicken that were fed soy. I have a reaction to the traces of soy that end up in the egg.
    I'm not sure if ducks get fed soy,too, but I have never had a reaction to duck eggs.

When I purchase chicken eggs I have to make sure they are from a farmer that doesn't feed soy (it's in commercial feed and most don't know it) and supplements them with earthworms, those are the best.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    If you're not eating much fish, you might want to watch the load of Omega-6 in eggs and bacon. For instance four large eggs and six slices of bacon gives you approximately 15:1 O6:O3 ratio. If you want to balance the O6:O3 ratio you'll have to add some fish for instance. 1 lbs of wild Atlantic salmon brings the ratio back down to 1:1

Other than that eggs are a fantastic source of nutrients. Go have as many as you please, so long you're mindful of eating a lot of fish too.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

dado Guest
    we've dug this one up, eh? i ate 8 eggs today and i feel amazing, but this could be because of the 8 beers i drank too.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    I eat 4-7 pastured egs a day. Since my suppler is dealing with molting right now I am having to supplement with store bought. I try to ger the highest Omega 3 eggs I can find. 225-275 mg per egg is what I usaully have to settle for.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanccfshr View Post
    I eat 4-7 pastured egs a day. Since my suppler is dealing with molting right now I am having to supplement with store bought. I try to ger the highest Omega 3 eggs I can find. 225-275 mg per egg is what I usaully have to settle for.
    tell me about molting

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    When the days get shorter the damn chickens start to molt or shed old feathers and begin to grow new oness. All the protien and energy they consume goes towards growing new feathers and egg production drops drasticly. Plus with the onset of nightly freezes the insect population drops and so does the quality and brigh orange yolk goodness of the pastured eggs. It's winter. Seasonbaly I guesse that means we should go with the cycle and reduce egg consumption until the quality improves again in the spring when insects are abundent for chicken food again.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I eat three every morning. Eggs and more eggs are very good for you!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    How much fish oil supplement would it take? I despise the taste of fish and never eat it. I eat a shit ton of eggs though.
    Depends on what kind of supplement, but for the ones I used to take it would take 4 - 6 capsules. Given the recent news of the rankness of capsules I wouldn't recommend taking fish oil supplements in form of capsules unless you knew the oil wasn't made from rank oil.

Fish is much tastier than capsules too, and you get a lot more with fish as well.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    8 a day here .... cage free organic
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been slacking lately, and it's catching up with me. I used to have at least 3 eggs a day and it was all good. Bought more today!

ETA: And had 3 for breakfast in a tomato and avocado omelette. Really good.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 11-20-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast