Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not losing, getting frustrated page

Bernernewf is offline Member

Not losing, getting frustrated

Primal Fuel
    I aim for about 1600-1800 caloriesca day on non workout days. 1800-2000 on workout days. I track and weigh my food. My macros that I try to stay with: protein 180 grams (1 g per pound of bw), carbs 40-60, fat is around 100 g, smetimes less.

Workouts consist of weightlifting 3 times per week, Tae Kwon Do two nights a week, and boxing usually once a week..

My weight just is not moving very fast, though visibly I look much better. But it should be showing on the scale. I'm 5' 4" woman, joined gym in June, started New Rules of Lifting for Women 3 months ago. During this whole journey, my scale has move down exactly 4 pounds, and half the time only two. This morning it is up those 4 that were down.

I've been eating clean for 3 months, and full primal two weeks. Prior to Primal, my calories were the same, my protein has been the same, my fat was low, and the carbs were more in the 100-150 range. I just do not know how else to tweak my diet. I am already eating close to my resting metabolic rate calories as it is.

Any suggestions??? It's getting sort of ridiculous, it should not be his hard to lose weight. It just should not.

Cindy

Kerry Ann is offline Member
    forget the scale, go by how your clothes feel and measure with a tape measure..

I dont weigh my food or log it or anything anymore and I seem to be losing fine. If im hungry I eat, if i'm not hungry I don't eat..

You say you are doing NROLFW, doesn't that say to try to not lose weight while doing that program because you will gain muscle?
    Quite honestly I wouldn't care if I was 130lbs or 200lbs, if my skinny jeans fit, IM GOOD!

Ug ug ug! I want it to show on the scale too! Skinny jeans, if I had them arent going to fit anyway, with all the squats I do.

I will have to get a tape measure and keep track that way I guess. I just want it to show on the scale!!!! Next time I go to the doctor for my annual exam, she is going to freak that my scale has not changed in a year. I was supposed to start losing weight a year ago....I did weight watchers, no luck. I did HCG 800 calorie a day diet, 3 pounds in a month! When most people lose 15. After that stupid attempt, I joined the gym, and it has been 4 months, of working out....and still nothing. Yes, fat has come off, my legs have firmed up, my butt is shaplier, just less flabby. Even back fat is close to gone. Maybe I am just cursed. I lifted with a world class powerlifter woman the other day (I am going to be trainng with her once a week), and she said I should powerlift, that I have a great build for it....

The other day my scale said 184, now it is back up to 189, eating the same. Working out the same. Etc. I want to cry.

Can everyone hear the desperation in my writing?????
    Cindy

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Have you been eating this way for at least six months? Your body might take a long time to adapt.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Eating according to RMR and macros and all that good stuff? Probably about 3 months, when I started the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I think that is plenty of time to have the scale move. Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order. Weight loss has always been very hard for me.

Cindy

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I agree, three months probably should be enough time to see some changes. Are you losing body fat? If your muscles are getting more defined, you're winning. If you want to be thin, you might have to reduce your muscle mass. That's a slow process because of the risks. But it's doable. And losing and gaining four pounds can just be water weight. I can gain and lose more than that in a few days' time.

I agree with getting some hormone work done. Maybe you have a slow thyroid.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    How many times a day are you eating? If it's a lot of mini-meals, it may do you good to stick with 3 big meals. This is what's working for me (after months of not losing). If I recall correctly, I think eating less frequently works because it has something to do with lowering insulin production and how much fat can get stored. Whatever the case, it's something easy to try.

Another thing to try is eating coconut oil. There was a study of obese women who ate 2 tbsp a day and they fared better for it. (And yep, I'm doing the coconut oil thing, too. )
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    It's 1g per pound of lean body weight OR 1g per kilo of total body weight.

dado Guest
    scale obsession, not healthy

Dado, I know! I wish I could stop! I should just throw it away, it stresses me out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast