Thread: Been slightly Primal, going all in. page

Been slightly Primal, going all in.

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,

I'm twenty-one and my health is, I'd consider, pretty good. I've got a lean build and a metabolism that kind of prevents me from gaining any size (be it fat or muscle). I eat pretty well, but I do work at a Chick-Fil-A, so the Poly-unsaturated fats get into my system about twice a week or so (I try to be good and avoid it, but so far two out of the six days I work is going pretty well).

I workout two to three times a week. At least one is body weight, the second is heavy weights at the gym, and typically the third is another body weight (although I up the intensity where I can. One legged squats, aiming for the one armed push-up. The one armed pullup? Not even trying that one yet). I love to sprint, and my body does well with it. Long distance running has never bode well for me, but give me a short distance run and I can run like a bear is chasing me (and as my older brother once told me, "I only need to run faster than you for just a little bit if the bear is chasing us. To which I responded, "But I'm faster than you..." His reply? "I'll trip you."). I also enjoy the thirty minute walks at a reasonable pace.

Does anyone have any tips for me for starting out? (other than eliminating CFA entirely from my diet. Heck, the sodium content is enough to last me d days!) I'm scouring MDA when I'm not reading or trying to finish degree, and so far I'm loving the information I'm discovering. The thought of being able to do my workouts without the aid of a gym makes me rather happy, mostly because I'm getting married next year and, at least for a while a gym membership will not be in the budget.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, no need for a gym membership. I still have one so I can do water aerobics, otherwise I would drop.

Poly-unsaturated fats twice a week are not the end of the world. Do avoid grains and sugar though. If you work at Chick-Fil-A, I don't imagine you will be doing lots of shopping a Whole Foods. Do what you can with what you have. Also, primal is not a low sodium program.

Welcome and grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you! Sorry for the long delay, I have been so busy lately! I am loving the Primal workouts. I've already worked myself to the advanced level on squats (one leg) and the planks. Pushups and pull-ups/chin ups are not quite there yet... I have been eliminating the bread and my body treats me better when I'm no longer eating the stuff.