I am a newbie of Paleo lifestyle. It is the first post in this forum.
I have finished reading The Primal Blueprint. However, there is only general recommended food list. I wonder whether is an collection list with priority, such as vegetable, meat and fruit, spices etc.
Anyone could post the link for me?
Thanks a lot.
EAT THIS, NOT THAT
In a nutshell....
PRIMAL DIET – EAT THIS, NOT THAT
YOU CAN AND SHOULD EAT IT. In fact, it should be the backbone of your diet.*
- Meat (preferably grass-fed)
- Poultry (preferably free-range)
- Fish (preferably wild-caught)
- Eggs (preferably cage-free)
- Non-starchy and/or green vegetables (preferably organic)
- Butter (preferably from grass-fed cows)
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- Olive oil (but not for cooking)
- A berry (up to a handful)
YOU SHOULD NOT EAT IT. Throw it away (unless it's a cleaning or stationery product, in which case use it for its appropriate purpose).
- A legume (bean, pea, peanut)
- A grain (wheat, corn, rice) or made of a grain (cereal, oatmeal, bread, cake, tortilla, pasta)
- A processed food product
- A "low-fat" manufactured food product
- A "low-carb" manufactured food product
- A "diet" manufactured food product
- Anything with an ingredient that ends in "ose" (sucrose, glucose, fructose) or that contains sugar, agave nectar, honey, or maple syrup
- Anything from the center aisles of the grocery store...
EAT IN MODERATION
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cream, sour cream, half & half) – whole milk (not low-fat)
- Nuts (peanuts are not nuts)
- A seed
- A fruit other than a berry
- A starchy or sugary vegetable (carrot, beet, winter squash)
- A tuber (potato, sweet potato, yam)
- A nightshade (tomato, bell pepper)
- You are trying to lose weight (for dairy, nuts, fruits, starchy vegetables, and tubers)
- You are lactose intolerant (for dairy)
- You are significantly inactive/sedentary
- You are insulin resistant (for dairy, nuts, fruits, starchy vegetables, tubers, and coffee)
- You want to go 100% evolutionary diet and avoid anything we aren't sure paleo man ate
Great List, Adriana!