Thread: Is this due to the "grains/sugar" detox, or is something else wrong? page

LoveLiveGive is offline Junior Member

Question Is this due to the "grains/sugar" detox, or is something else wrong?

Hi! It's me again ><

For a few weeks now, I have this problem where, if im walking up hill, or up stairs, my legs hurt, almost like cramping.
    Why is this happening? ( I "hit the wall" not too long before I started going Primal, if this affects anything, it's been a while now though)

And another question ( sorry ) , I haven't really had a good appetite the last few weeks. My appetite is mostly present around dinner time, and because of my appetite i've lost weight ( and muscle? ). I wasn't overweight or anything, infact im quite the skinny type, so it's noticable and a few people have asked me " have you lost weight?"
    What is wrong with my appetite?

Thankyou very much!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Cramping is common when people start paleo. It is usually due to magnesium or potassium deficiency, dehydration, or for the occasional person calcium. Drinking homemade chicken stock, adding a little sea-salt to some water and drinking it, or using a magnesium supplement usually takes care of it for most people. I take potassium supplement and use Mg oil on my skin - stopped all cramping/muscle fatigue for me.

Appetite can cycle quite a bit with this WOE - it is very common. Give it a week or two and your appetite will likely come roaring back. I go in phases where I eat non-stop and then barely eat....it is a little more level now after a year, but still cycles. If you can, add in some organ meats, marrow, and bone stocks to make sure you are not getting any nutritional deficiencies.

LoveLiveGive is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh I see! Home made chicken stock time .
    Ah good to see that it's not unusual
    Thankyou very much