Thread: Organ slurry in stew - HELP! page

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member

Organ slurry in stew - HELP!

Primal Fuel
    I'm making stew for dinner tomorrow using bone-in lamb stew meat. I plan on making my stew in the crockpot. I recently re-read Mark's post on "Sneaking Offal Into Your Diet," where he suggests using an organ slurry in stew. I have a tub of chicken livers and I would like to give this a try.

First of all, is this a good idea? Would my husband who's not terribly fond of liver like this? Would I cook the slurry with the meat all day or add it in half/ a quarter of the way through cooking?

One reason that I would like to do this is because my husband has been very sick the past few days - very high fever, watery poo. Went to the ER last night because his fever wouldn't go down. ANYWAY, I would like to give him something very digestible and nourishing.

FYI - Also, I have another tub of livers on reserve to make pate. :-)
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

kimwg is offline Member
    I've never tried it but liver does have a pretty distinctive flavor... it seems like this is the sort of thing that might work better with heart or tongue. I would cook the lamb stew, maybe pull some aside once it's done, and then try adding some ground liver to a small part and cooking that and then seeing how the flavor is. If he's sick then maybe just get him eating anything is more important.

My husband won't eat them either, even though I love chicken liver.