Thread: Free range pork and lamb page

breadsauce is online now Senior Member

Free range pork and lamb

Shop Now
    I collected half a hogget yesterday (hogget being lamb around 18 months / 2 years old) and was shown around the farm. Bliss! The sheep are badger faced welsh sheep - all roaming about happily in the sunshine., And the pigs! Several rare breed pigs, rummaging about in the open, with over an acre of woodland to play in, a big stream for splashing in, fresh wild apples dropping off the trees to eat, acorns and brambles. These were HAPPY PIGS!

And the bit that got me - when we reached the woodland area, there were no animals to be seen. The lady showing me round called the pigs by name - and a minute later, they galloped through the trees and lined up, twitching their noses and snorting at us!

Cost me 95 for 10 kilos of meat - shoulder, leg, loads of chops, rack of lamb (well - hogget!), mince, kidneys etc. No liver but she'll get the liver for me next order.

I'm a happy chappy having found such a good source of meat! And the freezer can easily take more....

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The lamb was just the best ever. If there any UK Sussex / Surrey ? Hampshire people on here who want the link, I'll be pleased to give it.

Haven't treid her pork yet but if it is as good as the lamb - I'm a convert!