Thread: Should I trust my body and the PB like you do yours? page

Esperance is offline Member

Should I trust my body and the PB like you do yours?

Shop Now
    Ok. I'm a 45 year old female, 5'9". Have been 70% -90% Primal for about 6 months. I want to lose about 20kgs and lost about 4kgs very very very slowly towards this goal. I'm not fussed about how long it takes me to lose just as long as it's going. Good energy. Feel good. Clothes looser. As for strength training - I only do push-ups, pull-ups and KB squats 2-5 days a week. Must add I love pull-ups but can only do assisted ones right now. I walk about 2-5 miles 2-5 days a week. My workouts and walks vary so much because I go by how I feel.Veered off course (no grains but a bit of pasta and wine, beer, ice cream, probably about 60% primal) for about last 5 weeks due to my poor coping with stress. For my indiscretions I've gained 2 kgs.

Anyhoo... here's the one sneaky, worrisome 1000 lb gorilla sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear...

I'VE BEEN BACK PRIMAL ABOUT 90% FOR LAST WEEK. I HAVE VERY LITTLE HUNGER AND ONLY EAT WHEN I'M HUNGRY. WHEN I DOLE OUT SOME FOOD ON MY PLATE, I THINK, "THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT". AS I GET EATING I GET FULL QUICKLY AND JUST CAN'T FINISH WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A REASONABLE SERVE. I EAT TWICE A DAY BECAUSE THE THOUGHT OF EATING MORE MAKES ME FEEL QUEASY. I WENT THROUGH THIS THE FIRST TIME I WAS PRIMAL AS WELL. NO APPETITE. NOT EVEN CHOCOLATE CAKE (GOD'S GIFT TO ME PERSONALLY) COULD TEMPT ME. I'VE GOT PLENTY OF ENERGY AND SLEEP WELL. I FEEL GOOD.

QUESTION: AM I EATING TOO LITTLE HENCE NOT LOSING WEIGHT QUICKLY (as before) AND JUST SABOTAGING MYSELF? HOW MANY OF YOU WORRY THAT YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH? May I say that I THINK that I am very far from starvation mode. I've gotta plenty of fat to keep me going. I could probably eat once a day and not feel bad. MUST I EAT X CALORIES A DAY BECAUSE ... A CHART SAY'S SO?

One more thing - I don't want to ever weigh, measure, or count food or calories or nutrients again. Did that once and I became ... stupid. I COULDN'T SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES. FOR ME, and I repeat, FOR ME, I believe, the PB is guiding us to eat and work out intuitively by going by how we feel. The Korgs were not calorie counters - or so I believe.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE FOLLOWED THEIR APPETITES AND BODIES (AS PER THE PB) AND BEEN BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED?

CONVERSELY, ARE THEY ANY WOMEN OUT THERE SIMILAR TO ME WHO ONLY EAT/ATE WHEN HUNGRY (AND HAVE AROUND 40LBS FAT TO LOSE OR LOST SIMILAR) AND BEEN UNWORRIED BY NOT EATING ENOUGH?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks guys

Esperance

Hi! I would suggest you read this post. It helped me a lot. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29501.html

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    It sounds as if you be ame Leptin sensitive a while into PB, hence got full sooner? This happens to me (I did the reset) but I know lots of people here hitting that stage naturally after a while of PB. Are you sleeping enough? I eat when hungry, and till I'm full, but if I haven't slept well in a few nights my weightloss stalls for up to 2 weeks.

Esperance is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for your replies ladies! You've given me things to ponder, which is what I wanted.

I referred to the link and I'm kind of leaning away from the experiences of Paleobird but I won't argue with her success and tenacity in nutting out what worked for her. I suppose I'm in the process of doing the same. I understand her position and agree that most women probably can't go willy nilly about fat and calories. I think I have a pretty realistic idea of around what I should eat because I have counted calories before. I supposed where I differ is that counting and measuring just aren't for me and in my opinion take me away from the whole PB premise that our bodies will take us where we need to be IFF we eat as per the PB doctrine. I just have no appetite. Had a great walk this morning and did some KB swings.

Glam - Your progress is brilliant I must say. Looks like you'll be in your togs by Christmas. Good on ya! Obviously the Leptin reset was great for you. As for rest, I sleep very well but have trouble getting to sleep. I wake up rested which is nice. When I used to eat CW, I walked, lifted weights and rowed and found it extremely difficult to wake up and had to nap. I was dead on my feet. Since being Primal, I've not had a single nap and not felt the need. It's strange.

Thanks again ladies. I'm going to keep pondering your leads.

Esperance