Page 81 of 358 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 81

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    was depressed yesterday, woke up that way today, still am now. i found myself thinking, earlier, that i am not the glamorous leather & stiletto wearing sexy minx i envisioned i'd be by now. i wear jeans and tees and rarely makeup, i don't like wearing heels and i think the last time i did was at prom for less than an hour. i'm socially anxious, anxious in general, and instead of doing fun things i creak and groan around watering plants and talking to dogs

i feel... so cool

i'm sad, i eat sad food, i look a mess, i think part of me feels safer not losing weight. i think maybe deep in my mind i thinki don't deserve anything but being a crippled old lonely lady. because that's what it feels like i'm heading towards today
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    think maybe deep in my mind i thinki don't deserve anything but being a crippled old lonely lady. because that's what it feels like i'm heading towards today
    *hugs*

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    i'm sorry that you feel that way, bloodorchid.

if it helps, it's actually ok to be exactly who you are. i mean, it's ok to not wear heels, to do the jeans and t-shirt thing, to not wear make up. I haven't worn make up in a million years. yeah, that's basically what I do.

ok, well, i wear yoga pants (tights), a skirt, a yoga tank, and then a wrap sweater or cardi with me vibrams plus a scarf, but still. same diff. feels like PJs.

you gotta find your way to being you, not trying to be someone else. focus on being healthy, as best you can, and cut yourself some slack. ok?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    you gotta find your way to being you, not trying to be someone else. focus on being healthy, as best you can, and cut yourself some slack. ok?
    This... *Hugs*

Remember that heels and leather skirts are just wrapping on a package. No matter how you wrap a thing, a gift, it's what's inside that counts. Who you are and how you are comfortable is far more important than some over glamorized (and photoshopped) media image packaging. If that means jeans, t-shirts, and puttering in the dirt coaxing beauty out of seeds and soil while hanging out with three lolling tongued little yap dogs (and possibly a very fuzzy chicken) then THAT is perfect. It's the perfect you. Don't doubt that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I prefer someone that is attractive withOUT makeup. I mean, someone that can wear a straw hat and a t-shirt and still make you take a second look. Then, on the rare occasion they decide to tart up with leather and heels- well- damn

What you deserve is to be happy. If that's puttering in the back yard, then do it. Just don't forget to pop in here sometimes to provide us with some delightful snark. Wouldn't be the same without you
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you guys all made me cry

you all suck

i'm glad you guys are around
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I live to make people cry.

Glad it was a good thing this time
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Just for you... *hugs!*

This actually reminds me of the husband, which is why I luv hims. But I wanted you to feel special too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I am not good at the whole 'feel better about yourself' touchy feely stuff. That said, you really have no need to feel better about yourself. You f*cking rock. You don't need leather to be a sexy minx, hell, any time sexy stuff comes up here you are the first name mentioned. You have more womenz throwing their undergarments at you than Tom Jones. Who are we kidding, I want to be you when I grow up.

Comfortable is sexy, funny is sexy, believe me, you've got sexy. But beyond that you have personality, and I mean that in a 'New Year is not New Year without Dick Clark' kind of way. You're the porch light of MDA...all us moths coming to yo' flame
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sorry, I am not good at the whole 'feel better about yourself' touchy feely stuff. That said, you really have no need to feel better about yourself. You f*cking rock. You don't need leather to be a sexy minx, hell, any time sexy stuff comes up here you are the first name mentioned. You have more womenz throwing their undergarments at you than Tom Jones. Who are we kidding, I want to be you when I grow up.

Comfortable is sexy, funny is sexy, believe me, you've got sexy. But beyond that you have personality, and I mean that in a 'New Year is not New Year without Dick Clark' kind of way. You're the porch light of MDA...all us moths coming to yo' flame
    MMHMM...speak it brother! Tell it like it is! Can I get an amen!?