Page 388 of 404 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4038

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 388

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Flashback smells are icky.

chicken salad a la mold
    I can't believe how excited I am to see this. Please pics, if possible. But a description is good also.

Greasy gas pump - ewww! Could be snot, sperm, KY, ack!

Hope the pill did its job.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i made it

i ate some

i took pictures that i'll need to upload

words.. can't really.. describe.... i don't... i'm not sure....

chicken salad was never meant to be solid

this is what i did, i can't remember if i've put this video up already but here it is just in case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu8PyWmbyCo

i shredded up 4 flattened breasts, diced up some grapes, a tbsp of mayo and mixed it up while 2 cups of the water i cooked the chicken in, strained & warmed up with a tsp of beef boullion

when it was hot i added the plain gelatin and finished with the chicken while it melted and cooled

put the sauce pan in a bowl of ice water to gel it up then mixed it into the chicken bowl

i need to say up front that the chicken salad had plenty of flavor, and the broth was strong tasting. but mixed together and jello'd alllllll the flavor disappeared and it was just.. solid bland chicken lumps. and i think... the most unsettling thing about it for me was that it was solid. that is what i couldn't get used to the most.

i told mahm what i did and said 'how could people eat this back then?!' and she said 'WE didn't! we had normal food like scrambled eggs and baloney!' hahaha

i had leftovers for breakfast because dammit i don't want to waste that much food, i had some with pickled ginger slices and i had some with a butt ton of salt

the pickled ginger helped because that was mainly all i could taste

all in all..... i recommend it for masochists
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I think it was very adventurous of you to make a jellied chicken salad. I don't know why it sounds so unusual when I used to make a salmon mousse which is kind of the same concept. I even have fish mould somewhere, I haven't seen it for years.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

I'm laughing so hard, I can barely keyboard. That post with the accompanying video is the best I've read in ages! LOLOL.

Pâté and terrines are so popular right now with the charcuterie/gastro pub crowd, that there has to be a small business opportunity in there somewhere. I'm thinking snobby Lunchable-type packs. Gelatinized meat and some some small slices of sourdough to go with it.

"Our gelatin is only the finest grass fed, and our chickens run around in meadows teeming with wholesome bugs. The chickens are also required to do mandatory daily yoga. Our packaging is green and will break down in your compost pile in less than a week, providing your home garden with further nutrients. In fact, it's so green, that if you inadvertently throw it into a garbage receptacle, it will crawl out and find the nearest compost pile on its own."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Joanie, are you by any chance a fan of Portlandia? I think maybe you should write for the show.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Joanie, are you by any chance a fan of Portlandia? I think maybe you should write for the show.
    Best compliment ever! I think I've only watched one episode. Hulu has some of them, so maybe I'll give it another try.

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Best compliment ever! I think I've only watched one episode. Hulu has some of them, so maybe I'll give it another try.
    I haven't watched that many, but there's one sketch in a restaurant where they order pastured chicken. It was pretty good but I think it could have been even better if they had you on their writing team!

is our glorious leader heading towards making infomercials?

Get Certified

i'm not sure how to adequately put into words how this makes me feel, but i do know those words aren't of positive emotions

then i see the price tag and i'm all

then i scroll up and see the free gifts that come with graduation and i'm all

also i'm pretty sure my back died i just didn't feel it when i ate pills

RIP in peace, back
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Invest in yourself! Pay me 800 of your US dollars...

Yeah. What was inherent has become blatent. Meh. I ignored it all at the beginning, I will ignore it even more now.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    in the not too distant past i defended his blueprint store cause he had to pay for the forum somehow you guys gosh

but now.. gah. hands thrown up, done defending his business practices. i just really really hope he doesn't actually start doing late night infomercials.

the whole 'yeah it's gonna cost money' thing while sitting back on his nice sofa, in his nice house, didn't sit well. thennnn i saw the keychain and apron and binder, thennnn i saw the 800$, thennnn i saw the easy payment plan was 200$ a month.

just no. don't. not like this mark... not like this.
    beautiful
    yeah you are