Page 331 of 393 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3927

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 331

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Ooh - I just thought of something! Do you eat dairy? I had a boyfriend who used to use canned clams or oysters to make dip. 8 oz of cream cheese, the clams/oysters, and some of the water/juice from the can. Dip whatever veggies you like in it. If the oysters are big, chop them fairly fine before you put them in. You can add diced onion and hot sauce also. Oh, and worcestershire sauce if you have it around.

I never realized how tough it can be to get fresh fish in land locked states until I talked to a friend who'd grown up in OK. He said the only fish they ate growing up was canned tuna and fish sticks.
    Taking the fish thing a little further. Don't eat sushi or sashimi in the middle of Illinois in the summer, especially on all you can eat discount Thursday. Just sayin'

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Ooh - I just thought of something! Do you eat dairy? I had a boyfriend who used to use canned clams or oysters to make dip. 8 oz of cream cheese, the clams/oysters, and some of the water/juice from the can. Dip whatever veggies you like in it. If the oysters are big, chop them fairly fine before you put them in. You can add diced onion and hot sauce also. Oh, and worcestershire sauce if you have it around.

I never realized how tough it can be to get fresh fish in land locked states until I talked to a friend who'd grown up in OK. He said the only fish they ate growing up was canned tuna and fish sticks.
    In Indiana up until maybe five years ago fish was square are covered in breadcrumbs. A few Christmases ago I got to go to a restaurant that printed dated menus based on what had come in that day, so we've improved a lot. That was hands down the best meal I've ever had.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Awesome biker fantasy. My bike would have to be purple and I am not sure how scary of a biker I would be.

Good call on not looking for the cat. We all know it was one of those bikers out there!

Not sure the beer would work but he would sleep more. Sadly my Arty is on Prozac for extreme, hurting himself and others, anxiety. It helps but he still has his moments. Prozac is cheaper than beer and E.R. visits.

I hope all my meat comes healthy but dead cows. I would hate to drive by a field and see all the cows with band aids were the steaks were taken.
    they all wander around with their big cow eyes, saying 'moooo '

he's on edge lately for sure. maybe he needs a girlfriend and a prozac

i do indeed do dairy, and i could maybe dip it. surely raw oysters must taste better or else they wouldn't be as popular

unless raw oysters have the same texture as raw liver. oh god that's even worse.. someone poke at a raw oyster and tell me

i think it was still the 90s the last time i heard this song

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    they all wander around with their big cow eyes, saying 'moooo '

he's on edge lately for sure. maybe he needs a girlfriend and a prozac

i do indeed do dairy, and i could maybe dip it. surely raw oysters must taste better or else they wouldn't be as popular

unless raw oysters have the same texture as raw liver. oh god that's even worse.. someone poke at a raw oyster and tell me

i think it was still the 90s the last time i heard this song

Raw oyster is definitely not eaten for the texture. It's that flavour of the freshest sea like you won't find anywhere else. If it doesn't taste like cool sea spray coming up off a good breeze along the bow of a sailing ship, it's not a good oyster.

The texture is kind of like a slip seed grape. Slimy and moist with a little give.

Oh god I need to stop talking.

moisssst
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Taking the fish thing a little further. Don't eat sushi or sashimi in the middle of Illinois in the summer, especially on all you can eat discount Thursday. Just sayin'
    Ughhhh! I won't even eat sushi here in Louisiana. There's a fish store that has a great reputation, and for gator sausage and crawfish, they're great. But they only sell farmed salmon. When I told the guy why I wouldn't buy it, he shrugged like I was some aging hippie, then justified his choice by saying the sushi place a few blocks away gets their salmon from him. He single handedly ruined sushi for me here. I'll wait 'til I visit one of the left or right coasts.

Raw oysters OTOH are straight from our Gulf, so those are very much a go when I'm wandering around the Quarter. Bloodorchid, raw is a totally different animal from canned. They smell like ocean air and are light in flavor. And with any luck at all, one is chugging them along side a great beer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

paprika and letting the skin/fat caramelize a bit makes for some purty looking wings

i think there have been 2 whole cramps this week, thank you lady time fairy

i batch cooked some again. bacon wrapped chicken tenders with the wings. i had tenders with some tiny, twee gherkins for lunch and was meh. around supper i was craving them even though i was still meh about the bacon

i had several tabs of recipe sites up and got overwhelmed so food hunting is postponed

i get overwhelmed a lot sometimes. walls of text, etc

i've been juicy juicing my water to get more down and after a few days the bane tastes super thick and ug, so that's pretty cool i guess

i'm looking at nail polish sets for a relative's christmas gift and i don't know if i want to buy it because the quality and reviews are high or if the colors all look gorgeous to me. i've seen relative wear purples, browns, the occasional bright color, but this is teal & purple & glitter along with a neutral. it's so pretty and bright. if i buy it you better wear it all forever

i'll steal it back if you don't

i've done very minimal impulse, buy things to make me happy, shopping so there is a surplus of free cash. i like the extra bump. feels secure, i like secure.

and on the plus side i took a hydro and can move now. on the downside i'm split between spending all my free money and not buying any gifts at all ever, because i'm tired and somewhat emotional, because i'm tired and sleep hasn't been that great for several days

and i suck at gift giving because if i'm buying something girly for someone else i don't want to buy it unless i buy me something too. i think i literally have the same sense of entitlement as an 8 year old boy

but still no cramps. wheeeee

beautiful
    yeah you are

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    i think i literally have the same sense of entitlement as an 8 year old boy
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. I used to Christmas shop something like this: this is for Dad, this is for me, this is for Gran'ma, this is for me, and so on.

Your carmelized wings sound awesome.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I did a little Christmas stocking stuffer shopping yesterday and found lots of stuff I wanted, not so much stuff for others. I bought some things I wanted for hubby's stocking that I may give him to put in mine. Stockings are a huge hing in his family.

I hope you got some sleep. And yeah on little cramping!!!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    in my imagination i'll either get shot by a biker gang walking in or i'll join a biker gang after walking in. in one scenario i'll get an awesome new scar and story to tell, in the other i'll get a leather vest and a 3 wheeled motorcycle that belches flames from the exhaust pipes

Win win no?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...