Page 317 of 378 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3778

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 317

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That is one thing about the weather cooling. It's so hot in summer here that I can forget to defrost something until late afternoon. Now I have to stare blankly at my freezer while my coffee is brewing and try to figure out what I'll be in the mood for twelve hours later.

It's very sunny out. I'm going to launch my tired insomniac butt into it. I'll be armed with dark glasses.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    That is one thing about the weather cooling. It's so hot in summer here that I can forget to defrost something until late afternoon. Now I have to stare blankly at my freezer while my coffee is brewing and try to figure out what I'll be in the mood for twelve hours later.
    Part of my pre-bed routine is to put meat in the fridge to defrost for the next night's dinner. After shopping and waiting the prerequisite amount of "I don't wanna do it" days, I portion out about 1 lb of meat in freezer bags & put it all in the freezer. It means I have to cook dinner every night and we don't have leftovers, but it's a system I can stick to.

Or I cheat & defrost stuff in a warm-hot water bath while in the freezer bag. It only takes a few hours at most, usually, sometimes needing to change the water. It's technically dangerous because of bacteria or something, but we have yet to get sick.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless, I'm a production machine when I go shopping. Though my squid guy will do "four 3/4-pound packages of squid, please," I couldn't ask the meat guy to do, "16 quarter-pound packages of ground beef please." Nor would I want to, because that would actually waste packaging while the squid doesn't because I don't have to reweigh and repackage the squid when I get home, but the butcher paper used for 16 quarter pound beef parcels would surely be wasteful.

So, on WholeFoods day, I slap that four pounds of 95/5 grass fed ground beef (I love this stuff) on the counter and start rolling up quarter pound parcels. As a note, I do re-use ziploc bags, and even have one of those silly driers so the washed ones don't take up space in my dish drain. I weigh them, but I'm amazed at how close I get to the right weight and how often.

I use the water method also. From my mom to people younger than I, I've heard how it isn't the best way, but I've also never heard of anyone getting sick from doing it.

Silly ziploc drier:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    For what it's worth I do the water defrost all the time and I've never had a problem either. I have a Food Saver vac sealer thingy we got for our wedding so I like to buy stuff in bulk and break it into smaller packs. And those go in the water super easy. I think I saw on Mythbusters once that cold water works just as effectively as warm. It never takes more than about an hour at the most and then I'm cooking the stuff either right away or putting it back in the fridge for an hour or so till I'm ready to cook. Works great.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I should put together a ziploc drier like that (or buy one). I go through way too many.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i was awake about 30 hours yesterday, so i'm sure that plays a part in my mood today

my mood, like my back, feels crumbly. the weather isn't humid or rainy, so either a dance dvd or arm stuff with a 10lb weight did it. this is a new low, and i'm so tired that it will make me cry if i think about it for too long

i don't want to accept that yoga is my destiny because i don't have the patience for it for too long, and i don't want to give up my shallow dream of a nice behind. it's shallow, but it's mine

i made sausage balls with gluten free powder. it was originally supposed to be for thin crust pizza, but i never got around to that

so food today was yogurt and cheesey rice and sausage balls. not all at once.

i don't understand how cookie can smell but he does. i guess it's all those boy genes he has.

i'm trying to psych myself up to do a stretch routine but i just want to get in bed and be crunchy and asleep
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i was awake about 30 hours yesterday, so i'm sure that plays a part in my mood today

my mood, like my back, feels crumbly. the weather isn't humid or rainy, so either a dance dvd or arm stuff with a 10lb weight did it. this is a new low, and i'm so tired that it will make me cry if i think about it for too long

i don't want to accept that yoga is my destiny because i don't have the patience for it for too long, and i don't want to give up my shallow dream of a nice behind. it's shallow, but it's mine
    i made sausage balls with gluten free powder. it was originally supposed to be for thin crust pizza, but i never got around to that

so food today was yogurt and cheesey rice and sausage balls. not all at once.

i don't understand how cookie can smell but he does. i guess it's all those boy genes he has.

i'm trying to psych myself up to do a stretch routine but i just want to get in bed and be crunchy and asleep
    Lolcats feelz your pain kid. I'm right there with you on that. I was posting in another journal about seasonal affective depressive problems I tend to get. You get anything like that? Could shorter daylight hours be messing with you/
    Breathe. Move forward.

That's so weird. I had one of those also, and I'm still catching up. We lose about two minutes per day of sunlight this month, and just in case that isn't enough, we mess with nature I believe on Nov 4th and change the clocks. We should all be feeling normal again by Christmas.

B*tch-lite

sidewinder is offline Member
    We lose about two minutes per day of sunlight this month, and just in case that isn't enough, we mess with nature I believe on Nov 4th and change the clocks.
    Ugh. Daylight savings is SOOOOO STOOOOOOPID.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Ugh. Daylight savings is SOOOOO STOOOOOOPID.
    That's so weird. I had one of those also, and I'm still catching up. We lose about two minutes per day of sunlight this month, and just in case that isn't enough, we mess with nature I believe on Nov 4th and change the clocks. We should all be feeling normal again by Christmas.
    At least being in AZ that is one thing I don't deal with. We don't do it.

Anyways Orchid I hope today is better.
    Breathe. Move forward.