Page 312 of 387 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3868

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 312

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I guess sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. (Yes, you may kill me when you can't get that jingle out of your head.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

That nutbar f. Hunter painted a target on her face earlier today
    word
    Last edited by excursivey; 10-15-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: snark that I decided to pass...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It kinda floors me when smart, funny, kind people (that would be you, bloodorchid) don't have a good opinion of themselves. You rock. Anyone who doesn't know that should kiss your ass. Which means if you don't know that, you'd better get limber because kissing one's own ass is tough.
    Awww... laydeez. I love both of you. Keep fighting the good fight.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I guess sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. (Yes, you may kill me when you can't get that jingle out of your head.)
    reveeennnnge

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    word
    maybe we can tag team her when she gets uppity again

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Awww... laydeez. I love both of you. Keep fighting the good fight.
    i love you too, cool kid
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

in the middle of my inability to sleep i was thinking i should try meat and eggs

'no, there's new yogurt and grapefruit juice in the fridge'
    i can put it in the freezer
    'what if the jug explodes?'
    i can squeeze some air out. i can just try it for a week.
    'but the yogurt, kiwis, peaches, juice, sweet potatoes'
    just a day
    'i really don't want to'
    i've already got the steak and eggs, oysters. i could just drink a cup of juice a day til it's gone
    'but i-'
    remember those ladies with pcos who lost all their weight? wouldn't that be nice?
    'but i-'
    i wonder how much i could lose from now to december
    'but i don't want to'

so i made a snack of 2 cut up kiwis, a sliced peach and a cup of fat-filled honey yogurt. there is definitely a difference between fat full and fat free. there is also a serious problem when i make that for a snack just so one part of my brain can make a point to the other

i'm extra annoyed i couldn't fall asleep. i thought about pushups to wear myself out but figured they'd wake me up more. then i eat fruit. duh, dumbnuts. smart one.

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Badgergirl

bloodorchid, I know those inner conversations. I think I'll decrease dairy for awhile. (soft h) Go to famers market, completely forget that I was going to do it. Come home with much goat cheese, ricotta, etc. Bang head on fridge while having conversation with self.

If you want to do meat and eggs, maybe start with just one day and work up? Once you're up to three days in a row, doesn't the protocol call for a carb refeed? I think you could work it so you had your fruit and potato yummies every few days for awhile, no?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    JoanieL, if the point of eating meat and eggs (as a general statement) is to get into ketosis, a carb refeed isn't advised.

Ketosis can be described as a carb depleted state where the body shifts to using its fat stores for its energy requirements that aren't met by caloric intake.

A refeed will shift the body out of ketosis and depending on how much of a refeed is done, getting back into ketosis can take longer due to supercompensation, when the body stores more carbs than usual because it has been made more sensitive to them.

It will generally take 3 days or more to enter ketosis depending on activity level. And of course, a caloric deficit is still needed to lose body fat.

Initial weight loss is generally from water being release as the glycogen within the muscles and liver is depleted.

If a caloric deficit is created through exercise vs. diet, the loss of lean body mass is lessened (the body is more inclined to preserve muscle when it's being used for activity). A 250-1000 daily caloric deficit is needed for a loss of .25-2.0 lbs of body fat per week.

It would be easier (better) to stick to a 250-500 calorie daily deficit created through exercise.

Waylon, thank you. I didn't realize the steak and egg was a full on keto protocol. I probably read two things in one day and combined them in my brain.

B*tch-lite

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    lol Joanie, it's not a "full on keto protocol". Hahahaha You gave me a good laugh. I was making a big assumption that the "meat and eggs" mentioned above was more of an idea to be low-carb/keto. Oh interwebz. Good times.

i never really thought about it as a keto diet, but i guess if i think about it then i get sorely tempted to say duh to myself again

let's say i did meatneggs for a week and ate potatoes and honey yogurt on the weekend, would i make things suck more or less for my body if i were looking to rein in this crazy hormone stuff?

USE YOUR BRAIN AND TELL ME
    beautiful
    yeah you are