Page 284 of 393 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3927

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 284

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay makeup! I've been so frumpy lately. Once upon a time, I wouldn't leave my home without at least eyeliner. Now that I have glasses that get dark when I'm outdoors, I've been blowing it off. I may try to get back in the habit.

put caffeine in a little glass bottle and i'll be right there with you sucking on a dropper of my own
    We would be a sight.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    bay
    joanie
    bay
    joanie
    bay
    everybody
    everybody
    EVERYBODY!

BREAKING BAD! TONIGHT! i think. WOOOOOOOOO!

and hell on wheels was immaculate. i am so happy. i have to catch up on breaking bad by watching hank make thunderous realizations on the toilet again! OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED. CAN YOU FEEL HOW EXCITED I AM.

that could be construed as dirty, so scratch that. unless you're bay.

i passed the f out last night and i slept til all this morning. and my eyes are tired already. oh my god what the eff.

the yogurt lip butterglossminty stuff that i got as a happy birthday to me a few months ago smells old already. it was the expensive stuff. i am unamused.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cool - sadly, I only watch free stuff online, so I haven't seen this show. I'll probably get to see in about 2020. LOL.

The lip yogurt is a bummer. Maybe you had to refrigerate it?

Here's my "arsenal" of makeup: Covergirl black mascara - the one in the pink tube they've been selling since forever. Any smudgy black eyeliner. Covergirl matte face powder - only for dress up and I usually have to toss it before it's been used up. I keep blue and pink nail polish around because you never know. No lipstick (it feels funny), but I used to occasionally wear light blue just to freak people out. It's pathetic, I know. To top it off, I still use Prell shampoo - yes, it's still sold, but often on the bottom shelf.

Occasionally, I really splurge (*snort*) and buy a $7 hair dye and dye my hair black.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a lip gloss junkie!!!

I found a new one I like yesterday. A Softlips lip gloss (in a tube with a doe foot applicator, not the chapstick kind of thing) in Coral. It's sheer, shiny, no shimmer... gorgeous color!
    Cheap.

I hate lipstick. I hate tons of color on the lips. I like sheer.

I also HATE black mascara on me. It's a peeve. I have really light eyelashes, and brows, and skin... I think the black looks very alien on me. Can't stand it.
    For every day I prefer plain Brown... so it just darkens to a redish brown to match the darker parts of my hair where it's not as blonde. For more drama I wear a dark brown.
    I also have really short lashes that are basically un-curlable... I've heard that I should a heated curler. WTF? I don't think so. I'm not burning my eyeball like I did my neck/forehead back in middle school.

I love colored eyeliners. Green, Blue, Purple, bright Chestnut brown.
    I have funny eyes that are minty in the middle and have the really dark ring around them that is blueish/slate. So I can manipulate the color of them pretty easily according to the colors I wear. Tight-lining and water-lining with the right colored pencil can make them vary from green to blue to really teal colored.

I find that I can always get away with a matte nudy-taupe and matte medium taupe duo, and an few colored eyeliners when in a pinch, like packing for an emergency trip. Simple, soft classic eye, hint of color.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I thought of you, BO, when I saw the gold eyeliner at the grocery store. I picked one up, and I need to try it shortly. Wonder if they make gold mascara . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

@JoanieL

i literally want to whine and cajole and make you watch it. literally. i want to whine and paw at you like a dog, and push you to a tv and not let you up til all 5 seasons are seen

stupid lip stuff.. from now on i'll be perfectly happy with my minty eos. even though i did feel pretty fancy getting the korres stuff *sniff*

and, here
    RX and Tarte - Imgur

@cori

i hate... haaaaaate feeling stuff on my face. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. sticky lip stuff, oily foundation, thick powder. if i can feel it i immediately want to wash it all off. like i could be attending the opera with the world's elite and if i could feel things on my face i would want to wash it off right there

i seem to be okay with that covergirl face junk with the pump. lipsticks are hit or miss, but i'm generally okay with covergirl and l'oreal but i usually stick with colored gloss. my eyes are sensitive, so i stick with wet n wild, urban decay & tarte shadows.

my eyes are dark brown, so apparently i'm supposed to wear purple shadow to bring the color out more. purple is usually the one color i don't want to wear

@drssgchic

golllld liiiinerrrrssssss

don't quote me on this but i think i saw gold sparkly mascara at walmart by hard candy ... ohhhh i did

buh-BAM

Hard Candy's Lash Mascara - Walmart.com

now i really want to get clear mascara and mix a whole lot of gold pigment in the tube and make the most expensive looking eyelashes in the world
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

if you haven't seen it yet and plan to see it, don't watch this vid

that said.. OHHHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I hate sticky feely things too.
    I want it to look perfect and feel light as a feather... asking much?

And love my WnW eyeshadows... even though you have to be careful of the fallout on some.
    Sparkle til Morning and comfort zone pallets are fab. Silent Treatment gets very regular use. I have a stack of others too.

I also LOVE the L'oreal Infallible pressed shadow pot things. LOVE! The golden green is to die for... and I have all of the neutrals, endless pearl is my go to matte high light and inner corner these days, that taupe is a super easy one shadow only quick out the door look, amber rush is great on me, and the cocoa is great for neutral drama. I also have some colors... endless sea, a ltd edition GOLD, java which is rusty. There may be a couple more I end up getting. I'm pretty sure they will last foreverrrrr.
    And my l'oreal duo in 'mocha buff' 832 which is an absolute addiction! I think it's being discontinued and I need to locate and buy about half a dozen of the little suckers.

I tried a few of the UD color eyeliners and liked them, but they dried up on me pretty fast... so now all my colors are the NYX Slide on water proof and those are fab. And cheaper. They have some really good eye shadows too. And the NYX taupe blush is a pretty cool contour for my pale ass skin! It's ashy instead of orangy... I hate orangy bronzers, but have trouble finding a non-orangy one that isn't too dark.

I also use the Sonia Kashuk eye on neutrals palette. All neutrals, all matte. Look it up on youtube. It's really nice quality, and has a full array of warm and cool neutrals in light to med/darkish to use as highlights and transition colors for use with like the WnW pallets which are almost all SHINY.

Also... now I feel in need to locate and buy a GOLD eye pencil because I don't have one yet.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

gold liners could very well be as important as air *sage nod*i can't remember if rimmel has a gold one, i did see a silver one. the closest one i saw by wet n wild was bronze but it was pretty. maybelline's gold cream shadow and a small lip brush would work well too. maybe a liner brush. but that stuff is pretty firm for a cream. hmm. i like to think out loud on the keyboard. hmmm. yes. but if you want to shell out some bucks, urban decay is phasing out their old pencil design (i think) so they're on sale for 9.50

i have sparkle til morning too and it's soooooooo pretttyyyyyyyyyyyy whhhhhyyyyyyy was it limited editionnnnnnnnn why am i whining it will last me foreverrrrrrrrrr

i have some infallible pots too but they don't get as much use and i'll tell you why. i went through this phase a year or so back where i wanted to try smokey eyes, so i bought the black with glitter, the dark blue, and for some reason, the light blue. i'm blind as a bat, hate wearing contacts so i keep my glasses so even if i did manage to successfully make a smokey eye while being 2 inches from the mirror, my glasses would hide it and make me look like i had no eyeballs. the dark blue is gorgeous tho hahaha

my hoods hide half my lids so no matter what eye colors i put on, ud's naked is always my crease color. i love that color. that and mushroom. i love them. if i had to choose between hugging those colors and washing the chicken blood off waka's chest, i'd hug them before making waka a sad but pretty smelling pup. what i'm saying is that i love them

i'm scratching his back now and with the blood and all he still looks like the exact opposite of a stone cold killer wolf

i tried contouring my chipmunk cheeks once, it looked like a rubber band around a balloon ):<

i like pretty shadows in an array of finishes. i should look at more, you say? oh peer pressure, it's terrible
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Today I found out there in an Ulta about 10 miles from my house!!!

AaaaaMaaaAaaaZzzzING... damage may be dome to my bank account. >_<
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche