Page 267 of 381 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3809

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 267

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Spiders are my nemeses (is that the correct plural of nemesis?). I always know a spider bite - much swelling and pain, though I haven't died yet from it.

i shudder so hard
    I'm right there with you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i think everybody needs to take a road trip to dc to get all the stupidity everywhere sorted out. this is a nice start.

http://jezebel.com/the-filibuster-in...bout-581338603

http://gawker.com/the-texas-filibust...nows-581499297

and this is pretty great

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I watched... as the dominant GOP proceeded to disregard the rules from the best that I could tell, and as the other Dem Senators were repeatedly trying to point out only to be ignored, to push her out and get the vote through.

You can bet I won't be moving to TX anytime soon.
    And I'll be continuing to cast my votes in FL for people who have enough intelligence to respect women's rights.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Women have rights?!?!?

I've been watching the goings-on in Texas with my jaw (very gracefully) dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Women have rights?!?!?
    Not in TX they don't...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Now you're going to chase that one down with men have self-control!!!

I shake my head at you, Cori. I shake my head.

* shakeshead *

Where is bloodorchid, by the way? BLOODORCHID! I know you're not sleeping. You're like the Eye of Sauron.

I mean it in a nice way.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Is this the whole embryos are people thing? Since I don't have to worry because I don't have a uterus and I've been through menopause, I almost hope it passes. I'll get my social security benefits nine months earlier, right? Because a human will be nine months old when it's born.

Okay, cool, just so I don't look completely stupid, it was an abortion bill. Fuckers couldn't pass it: Texas abortion bill dies as confusion marks end of session - CNN.com Sounds like a complete cluster fuck.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

I didn't turn on CNN... on the live feed they were saying they passed it because the count continued.
    They did continue the count despite the fact that they were completely disregarding some procedure several times... that's why the crowd got kind of out of control.

And the Dems were saying that they would challenge the count since it was outside procedure.

It was a MESS.

Hopefully it will wake some women up, and men who respect women's rights(or just don't want to have to foot the bill for bad social policies such as lack of sex education, contraception, etc), to the fact that this really is STILL an actual issue in America, not just a distraction subject like so many like to portray it.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

CNN is now reporting that the bill is dead and I should not be reading the comment thread. All the idiots come out.