Page 254 of 399 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3990

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 254

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    but how can i be shallow and materialistic then?

This is 'Merica. You don't need a birthday for that.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    This is 'Merica. You don't need a birthday for that.
    i feel so patriotic now

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Birfdays! F*k yeah!!!
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    i am officially 32

wheeeeeee

i'm making me birthday food. pot roast and gluten free lobster mac (yes i bought my very first lobster tails. here's to not fcking it up) and cheesecake

i discovered i could make cheesecake when bay visited. i asked if it tasted right and he said 'you did it' so i said something meaningful like 'EVERYBODY CAN SUCK IT CAUSE I MADE CHEESECAKE'

bay texted me a happy birthday and i replied 'where's my present!'

that's love right there
    Happy birfusday!

Happy cheesecake/lobster celebration! (If you can boil water, you can cook lobster...)

I din't get you a present cuz I'm a selfish materialistic bastage....

thank yew
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

first gluten free buns were had. they aight, but they're dense and crumbly in the middle

i think i decided what nice thing i want to buy me for my day of birthing.

i can literally spend an hour each brushing out the dogs and literally the same day or the next they will find a way to get covered in nettles all over again

lobster tails are defrosting in the fridge. the roast took over 8 hours to stop being leather, so pot roasting will be today. cheesecake turned out like i wanted it tho, which is awwwwww right

i noticed that peter gets raped a lot on family guy, last night. also, the quagmire's sister is dating an abuser episode made me feel all uncomfortable inside. i don't like that feel. stupid memory. but 'i killed you!' 'i choke myself every day you son of a bitch' was amusing

and it bugs me when someone says 'a REAL WOMAN wouldn't like so-and-so'. feh.

a new set of mice tried to move in the crumbly homestead. they demolished the remaining poison and dragged glue traps around everywhere and somehow got in the garbage can to poo poison colored pellets inside. right when the dead mouse pee smell was finally going away. bastards.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Those mice are absurd! I once caught a mouse in my parents' basement by luring it under a trap with peanut butter. The trap was a shoebox propped up by a stick, with a string tied to it. I hid out of the way and pulled the string when the mouse was underneath. I then proceeded to freak out because OMG MOUSE IN THE BOX WHAT NOW. My dad slipped a piece of paper underneath and we carried it outside. It ran off the back deck (but was apparently fine because I did not see it below). I got the idea from a book I read in first grade, in which a cat propped up a frying pan with a fork. Why it thought a mouse would be lured by steak, I don't know.

I struggled a lot with amusement & horror when Seth MacFarlane did the Oscar hosting this year. I watched at least an hour of it. It was funny, but then I realized I was laughing at some pretty horrid and sexist jokes. There were quite a few jokes about abuse that even had the audience laughing awkwardly. Family Guy (most of the time, to me) feels more like a social commentary, but there are some episodes that come across a bit too heavy-handed.

I don't know if you're into Joss Whedon stuff, but Hulky and I are working our way through Angel. I like it a lot more than Buffy. All of the characters are a lot stronger. We had to skip through a lot of one episode, however, when Fred (chick character) was being pursued by Wesley, who was out of his mind, and accusing her of dressing provocatively on purpose and... you can guess where that was going. I was surprised at how horrified we were. It was so uncomfortable to watch =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

as long as the death happens out of my sight i'm okay, but if i were to see the mice dying i'd feel horrible. i guess they want me to feel guilt after their death which is why the smell lasts so long :| a mouse got in one week last year. for days it roamed around, squeaking, creeping til it's face was against the inside glass on my tv stand and stared at me, gorging on butter i'd left out. i bought humane traps and baited them with cheese (til i read they don't like cheese) then peanut butter, moving it daily because the mouse moved daily. no dice. the little twit bypassed it every time

i finally lost my cool thinking of all the bacteria it was leaving all over everything and put sticky traps all over the place including one on the counter where i knew it was traipsing frequently

the mouse jumped over it ):< i grouped all the traps around that opening and finally caught him. i saw him struggling all scared and furry and my murderous intent poofed into awwface.jpg. i wound up helping him off the trap with grease and released him in the woods. because i'm a push over when cute things bat their eyes.

if/when i see mice invading again, i'm highly tempted to make a box trap. then make it a tiny lounge with soft things to lounge on, and feed him til he gets chunky and can only roll from one place to the next. because fat animals are cute to me, i like cooing at little butterballs

i like seth, i can laugh at the cringe worthy stuff on family guy and american dad without thinking too deeply about it, but every once in a while.. ouch, why is my mindless entertainment hurting me

i never got too invested in buffy or angel :/ but now that i'm browsing his imdb, i see i liked roughly half his work.. weird.. i read part of an interview with one of the creators of bates motel who said they showed a rape because they didn't want to shy away from character development/real life. i mean.. i know it happens in real life, but i didn't want to see it

just like i didn't want to see/imagine all this. and i hope it's a joke.

i'm hoping very hard

beautiful
    yeah you are

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Those mice are absurd! I once caught a mouse in my parents' basement by luring it under a trap with peanut butter. The trap was a shoebox propped up by a stick, with a string tied to it. I hid out of the way and pulled the string when the mouse was underneath. I then proceeded to freak out because OMG MOUSE IN THE BOX WHAT NOW. My dad slipped a piece of paper underneath and we carried it outside. It ran off the back deck (but was apparently fine because I did not see it below). I got the idea from a book I read in first grade, in which a cat propped up a frying pan with a fork. Why it thought a mouse would be lured by steak, I don't know.

I don't know if you're into Joss Whedon stuff, but Hulky and I are working our way through Angel. I like it a lot more than Buffy. All of the characters are a lot stronger. We had to skip through a lot of one episode, however, when Fred (chick character) was being pursued by Wesley, who was out of his mind, and accusing her of dressing provocatively on purpose and... you can guess where that was going. I was surprised at how horrified we were. It was so uncomfortable to watch =\
    I love the frying pan and fork trap. LOL. I've seen every episode of Angel (and Buffy). If you're at the Fred stage, you're almost at the end. I won't spoil it for you. I always liked how both of those shows could be about scary stuff, and yet never take themselves too seriously.

first gluten free buns were had. they aight, but they're dense and crumbly in the middle

i think i decided what nice thing i want to buy me for my day of birthing.

i can literally spend an hour each brushing out the dogs and literally the same day or the next they will find a way to get covered in nettles all over again

lobster tails are defrosting in the fridge. the roast took over 8 hours to stop being leather, so pot roasting will be today. cheesecake turned out like i wanted it tho, which is awwwwww right

i noticed that peter gets raped a lot on family guy, last night. also, the quagmire's sister is dating an abuser episode made me feel all uncomfortable inside. i don't like that feel. stupid memory. but 'i killed you!' 'i choke myself every day you son of a bitch' was amusing

and it bugs me when someone says 'a REAL WOMAN wouldn't like so-and-so'. feh.

a new set of mice tried to move in the crumbly homestead. they demolished the remaining poison and dragged glue traps around everywhere and somehow got in the garbage can to poo poison colored pellets inside. right when the dead mouse pee smell was finally going away. bastards.
    Happy Birthday!

32? Oh, gurlfriend, you're in a tough decade, but it's pretty much a breeze once you hit 40.

Lobster tails - an absolute luxury yum! I'm on my way! If you see a 20 year old rag top with OR plates in your driveway, you'll know I've arrived.

Many happy returns of the day.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you can be my guinea pig then 'is it good? how does it taste? is it overcooked? undercooked? how can i make it better? help me help you'

thank you for the happy birthday

i ordered my happy birthday to me things, as penance i'm going to do some spring cleaning for my wallet pain. i think the thing that bugged me the most is the tax added on. i don't order online too often these days so that was new for me, BUT, i'm getting a ton of freebies and samples. i like freebies and samples.

a few weeks of stress and tiredness and pains has made me look rough around the edges and my forehead crepey crinkles more pronounced. fuhhhh.... *yawn*

this might be good
    Broccoli Crust Pizza - Imgur

it's like the spinach bread from the primal blueprint book

i tried to make my pot roast like my mom's pot roast, but like any food of hers i try to recreate it wasnt the same, and this time gave me heart burn

i'm burned out on gluten free items already and it's only been a day and a half. so the thought of lobster mac isn't as appealing as it was
    beautiful
    yeah you are