Page 212 of 392 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3918

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 212

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the new seals on the door were major helpful. my fingers stayed pink and full of feeling, and i even turned the heater off after a while! *hands on cheeks in shock*

but here, the blue room. cleaning supplies on the left are mine, the sofa and wicker and bed and string lights and day bed and beer pong balls were left for me (i'm unsure what i'll do with em), the dryer is going and i will be replacing the window ac unit hanging out of the wall at the end

as you can hopefully see.... blue walls. it's glooped on pretty thick, and some old 10 layer deep wall paper is peeled back from behind the beam. the old heater will probably go somewheres else (but it makes such a good 'hold all the things' table!). i have the tiles mostly clean. there was a thick layer of dirt and dust on em, and several are cracked and broken

but this is the kind of thing i'm working with here, this is just part of the frame on one side of the door. dirts, sags, gaps, badly did DIY, mismatched wood

and a pepto pink bathroom rank with stains and uncleanable years old dirt and no ventilation so the ceiling is bubbled from showering. and the toilet wobbles. i feel very insecure there. the tub is glazed cast iron, so there's some rusting on it. and the mirror. is glued on. the wall. at dwarf level. i'm almost 6 feet tall, yo. and that toilet paper looking thing hanging out of the wall is toilet paper. there was a half inch gap that icy air from under the house was galavanting in like it owned the place

and my sexy 'cleaning and messing around in a cold dirty house' outfit. sweats, crocs and fuzzy striped socks

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

but with great age comes great need of repair

and more beamage and brick. i oiled everything i was tall enough to reach and i imagine it'll be bone dry again tomorrow. i should just bathe it all in orange oil. i tried cleaning the brick but rags don't behave so i didn't get as much done as i'd have liked

and by the way, the floor is one big sticker. it's not even linoleum

the kitchen of the interesting colors has a better, somewhat sturdier floor though

and even though it's only new from the top layer up, the couch makes me sigh in relief a bit. so much work. but this looks niceish, so i guess i'll just keep looking at it and breathing

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow you have one fantastic project ahead of you !!!!!!! fun times
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    my apologies to the lovely Blood orchid - no offence intended. I actually never thought of body odour - sad being me really !!!!!!!

I promise with all my heart that if I rape your thread again, actually correction ........ if I rape your thread again with Dr. Sub in tow - I promise promise promise that I will only call you blood orchid, or sweets, cutiepie, baby doll, or chick-a-lix (I reserve that one for my really special friends)
    sorted ????
    done
    G x
    you can call me b.o. if you want being called body odor was a term of friendship lol
    beautiful
    yeah you are

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    OMG that has sooo much awesome potential! The bathroom is special, though. I love the kitchen- but since I'm currently working on lime green socks, I might not be the best to comment on colors I love exposed beams- and it's awesome that they haven't ever been painted.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh... CHARTREUSE!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I love fixers! Great project.

Two homes ago, I took up the orange shag in the bedroom. Under it was newspaper; under that was linoleum; then another layer of newspaper, then wide plank wood floor! Fun stuff.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love fixers! Great project.

Two homes ago, I took up the orange shag in the bedroom. Under it was newspaper; under that was linoleum; then another layer of newspaper, then wide plank wood floor! Fun stuff.
    Ya gotta love old wide plank wood floors!

i should be so lucky

i'm afraid of what i'll find in the deeper layers. there's probably a thousand year old body in the bathroom wall, although that would make a GREAT halloween decoration

speaking of decorating. paraphrasing speaking with bay;
    'do you think a tall lamp would look okay in the corner by the fireplace?'
    'it seems kind of redundant, the fireplace already throws off light'
    'yeah but that's functional, it's just used during the winter.. look i'm really bad at decorating and creativity'
    'i can see that'
    '*several second pause to process what my sweet baby bay said*'

he got me, dammit. so a grudging high five on his butt. and maybe a few smacks. cause he works out, so, he got a butts i can smack on

i have and had so many tabs up relating to fix-it and decor, it's ridiculous. i seeeee what i want in my head. but even doing what little i've done to make the place habitable inside and look less abandoned outside is killing my back. reality does not translate to what my brain says i can do even though i am hell bent on DIYing

and even though i'm redundant with lighting

and even though i'm worn down in the head and in the body. i told him that it felt like someone took the thick gnarly sandpaper and put it on a sander and ground me down to the nub

i finally said f it and just spent the evening and night laying down watching tv because being upright was so unpleasant

pleh

i did not know you could paint with glitter
    beautiful
    yeah you are

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I think the housewarming area could use more light from the left side (based on the pictures). How about a table and lamp beside a chair?