Page 127 of 392 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3920

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 127

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    So I completely dead pan cut him off and said "That's great... did you know he was an atheist? Really, you should read some of his stuff. " (To be fair Jefferson was more Agnostic... but those hicks don't know the difference), "Did you know that he not only owned slaves, but had a slave woman as a MISTRESS and fathered children with her, and kept them?" (Extremely bigoted community.) "And he also wanted all American Indians pursued to extermination... every last one murdered, he sounds great!"
    While I like messing with morons as much as the next guy...Jefferson was a Deist. Also there is not proof that he had a slave woman as a mistress. All DNA tests showed were that a descendent of Sally Hemmings' last son had DNA consistent with a male of Jefferson's line. So bascially a male in his family. I recall reading an article which showed it was far more likely his younger brother who fathered the children on Sally Hemings. There is no way to know for sure, and historians are split on the issue. He worked for emancipation of slaves but was shot down at every turn.

As for the American Indians, I could be mistaken but I think he was far more for assimilation/removal west than actual extermination. Not that either option is particularly nice.
    Last edited by canio6; 07-05-2012 at 06:57 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    While I like messing with morons as much as the next guy...Jefferson was a Deist. Also there is not proof that he had a slave woman as a mistress. All DNA tests showed were that a descendent of Sally Hemmings' last son had DNA consistent with a male of Jefferson's line. So bascially a male in his family. I recall reading an article which showed it was far more likely his younger brother who fathered the children on Sally Hemings. There is no way to know for sure, and historians are split on the issue. He worked for emancipation of slaves but was shot down at every turn.

As for the American Indians, I could be mistaken but I think he was far more for assimilation/removal west than actual extermination. Not that either option is particularly nice.
    Yes I know he was a Deist, for me Deist and Agn are about equivalent (There is a power but what power? You can know it through reason vs. You can't reasonably say it doesn't exist). I preferred telling the pompous hick that he was atheist... more fun. The hick wouldn't know Deist from Agn anyway... and the most horrific thing in the world to them is atheism.

As to Sally... the consensus is out. It is known that he never freed her children although he could have though (he allowed their escape)... which I find interesting. Also one of the worst things you can ever say to a pompous hick... "your revered forefather had a slave lover" Because they are a bunch of evil bigots. Since many historians agree with Sally being is gal... it stands.

The word "extermination" was written by Jefferson himself... On more than one occasion I believe, so it seems pretty clear... but maybe he intended some other interpretation of the word? Making him into a mass murderer was just icing.

Messing with morons is worth it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Messing with morons is worth it.
    Totally worth it. That is rather disheartening about the extermination though. Bleh.

Totally worth it. That is rather disheartening about the extermination though. Bleh.
    It is... I don't normally admit to Anglo-guilt but it's true... I have a dose of it.
    I was all toshed up on my happy meds last night that I save for when the head gets truly unbearable.
    Still a bit fuzzed today.
    Still hate pompous, selectively hateful, bigoted, hicks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 Guest
    Still hate pompous, selectively hateful, bigoted, hicks.
    but they speak so highly of you...

I have to admit to having 0 anglo guilt. I have enough of my own actions to feel guilty about that I rarely have time to worry about what dead people did.

but they speak so highly of you...

I have to admit to having 0 anglo guilt. I have enough of my own actions to feel guilty about that I rarely have time to worry about what dead people did.
    My half-Cherokee great-Gramma used to storytime tell me about the Trail of Tears when I was really little... oral traditions and all... it stuck with me.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 Guest
    My half-Cherokee great-Gramma used to storytime tell me about the Trail of Tears when I was really little... oral traditions and all... it stuck with me.
    That would do it.

Well the Trail of Tears nowadays is commemorated by a few thousand dumbasses on motorcycles who feel that riding the trail that the American Indians walked is a perfectly feasible way to honor their struggle (and they think it's cool to shut down any travel across a major highway that goes from one side of the state to the other, making it impossible to get much of anywhere for 3-4 hours). And, it just so happens to be a big festival of drunkenness at the end of the trail, in the lovely town of Waterloo, Alabama. If you ever get a chance to go there, don't.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm related to the hick!

according to gramma

andrew jackson, benjamin franklin, jesse james, slave owners, the bell family.

because that's what we do in the south, interbreed and then spread out

being related to the bells would explain some things.

had breaded shrimp and fried fries earlier, a giant salad full of salad now. i'm hoping it balances out.

muscle relaxer last night/early this morning. back was doing this thing it does where it feels like tiny people with tiny pullies kept pulling tiny muscle strands tighter and tighter til my leg started twitching and kicking out

i get pissy and snarly when that happens, i just want to sleep. tiny people, y u no let me?

also.. libido has been down to nil. i'm assuming it's hormonal flucs due to wheat binge pity party, as i've had several other hormonal fluctuational symptoms

bay, i'm sorry

i haven't even watered anything and i want to tell the plants to stop pouting with their crocodile tear wilting

my eyes burn and while getting more groceries i had a sweat thing where it was similar to someone squeezing a sponge. i am wearing a dark brown tee shirt so yes, my armpits and lower back and sides most likely showed it. gah.. the eff..

but on the bright side, a little 2 year old girl screeched BISH LOOK OUT! hu-laaaaaaarious

mom must be a road rager

i also saw stalker stocker unloading stock. for the first time i saw him first and got away before he found me. HA! ima ninja.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

The Bell Family!!!
    I'm a TN girl... from near the Bell's.
    And I know this game we played as kids...
    You stand in front of a mirror and say... "I hate the Bell ... "
    No, no we don't... we don't ever say those things!
    You KNOW what I'm talkin bout!

Adams TN, isn't more than a hop, skip, and jump from where I grew up in Stewart Co. and author Pat Fitzhugh spent some time in our area as some of the Bell family had moved there.

Yay! Ninja skills!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche