Page 126 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3996

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 126

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I finished off the cantaloupe (ohhh it was a GOOD one too) and grapes last night.... All I have is frozen mango chunks(Always good IMO though... I eat them with my fingers just as they begin to thaw.), or frozen black cherries to go with greek yogurt.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i will share.... but you will owe me a favor. i won't ask for it today. i won't ask for it tomorrow. but one day i will come to you and you will not turn me down

it will most likely be of the illegal bank robbery kind

i had an everything salad. strawberries, kiwis, mushrooms, tomatoes, boiled eggs. er mer gerd, it wer bertiful

the game takes up a lot of memory when i get in the higher levels and it makes me want to punch the tower repeatedly til it stops lagging

then i had some sausage with mustard. and now i'm movie watchin. cause i'm so coo'

and i swiped the frozen cherries
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

goodness, he was late uploading. tsk, i say

i had caffeine today. it didn't make me go crazy. it didn't really make me want to stuff my face, though my rare sweet tooth reared its head about an hour ago. i ended up with cheesey rice, and tho it is not ideal, it's better than the alternative

i would like to take a pain pill tho i'm only a little sore. i have not yet tortured my back and i dread the coming results the next few days, i will torture it before bed.

i mean really what can i do? it's permabroke. there will be no gooey cement squirted betwixt the grindy ends. i don't even know if i can have another surgery/rod removal/bone adjustment/rod replacement

and how the hell can 2 grindy ends rubbing make the whole shebang feel like hell? gah, so dumb.

yeah, i'm still awake. wanna fight about it?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

i'm not particularly a fan of this band or song but i do enjoy the way she vocally attacks the lyrics. this and old metallica is all the radio station plays

moar salads today, i crave zem finally. i'm a late seasonal bloomer

mild back torture last night, didn't go as rough as i thought it would

i introduced my niece to the term 'clown hooker'

been a productive day
    beautiful
    yeah you are

i get that hollywood is all about beauty, but ina movie like.. oh, let's say The Raven.. with an alcoholic and 'found near death' poe... not even under eye circles? really? .....really?

i'm full. salad, milks, banana, peach, some chili and corn tortilla chips

not all at once

but it's the 4th annnn i don't even care
    beautiful
    yeah you are

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It was the fourth here yesterday. nothing happened.

On Guy Fawkes, which I'm not sure what we're celebrating when they celebrate it, there's fireworks. I'm going to try and find a stand to buy some so that I can shoot them off at other times of the year. Cuz I live on the edge like that.

Did i tell you about the 7.0 quakey-shakey happened on 3rd July? It was well off the coast, btu it was a neat little low rumbler that rocked the house about a bit for about 30 seconds. It was "weak" in that it didn't rattle windows or glassware, but other people were *freaking out* and I was like "this is so awesome. weeee!"

You knwo I'm warped like that.

Guy Fawkes was a member of a Catholic group, he was involved in the 1605 attempt to blow up the House of Lords /Parliament... because King James I was Protestant... they put barrels and barrels and barrels of gunpowder in the basement... Fawkes is the famous one because when one of the other members of the group squealed, he was the one guarding the explosives.
    He was of course, as the times demanded... jailed, tortured, 'tried' and publicly executed.

"Remember, remember the 5th of November" and all that ...

Guy Fawkes day is celebrated still mostly because after that plot there were yearly 'sermons', more like rousing tales of treason... which of course the people loved because they were also encouraged to light bonfires, drink, and say pithy things like "Long live the King!"

I'm not quite sure why one would celebrate this holiday in NZ... But the Brits seem to have great fun with it.

The movie V for Vendetta is based loosely on Guy Fawkes stuff in a dystopian future setting.

When I lived in CA there was only one really decent earthquake I should have felt... I was a passenger in a car at the time and felt nothing... Except later... Later, when I heard about it I felt very cheated.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I know what GF day is.

For me, the question is: are the celebrating that there was a plot, or are they celebrating that the plot was discovered before *kaboom*. (I think the latter.) That being said, most holidays here are a bit confused.

For example, Waitaingi day -- the day that the treaty of Waitangi was signed -- is celebrated and. . . protested. The Maori entered the treaty with the british having a certain understanding of the document, and the Crown asserts that the document is not what the Maori think it is and vice-versa. So there's a lot of political rumbling around it (on both sides), but it's also supposed to be celebrated as in "hooray, we have a treaty! we are one people!" except that "your interpretation of the treaty SUCKS!" "nuh-uh, YOURS does!" Now lets have a parade, but we'll wave the NZ and the flag that the Maoris say should be the official flag, and we'll celebrate all of our veterans, but then we'll also argue about whether or not there is an actual citizenry in the treaty.

Most people take it like "Hey, Day Off." And seem to ignore it. But then, the media focuses on these two things, and sometimes, I go to waitangi events and I'm like "this is the most confusing event I've ever been to."

And they don't do fire works.

Hhehehe...

Reminds me of some 'Mericans...

I know someone back in TN who would get all into certain holidays, like the 4th of July and Presidents Day and local civil war history stuff... A guy MY age. Kinda weird... But then he got to bragging once while I was home visiting a few years ago on the 4th that he was "kin to", had somehow traced his lineage back to, our great founding father (Jefferson)... and he was all, "This is a gift the Good Lord has given me, and I spread the word of our founding fathers and God, and blah blah blah... "

So I completely dead pan cut him off and said "That's great... did you know he was an atheist? Really, you should read some of his stuff. " (To be fair Jefferson was more Agnostic... but those hicks don't know the difference), "Did you know that he not only owned slaves, but had a slave woman as a MISTRESS and fathered children with her, and kept them?" (Extremely bigoted community.) "And he also wanted all American Indians pursued to extermination... every last one murdered, he sounds great!"

I'm really glad I don't live there anymore.

Yes... I have anglo guilt. My great-grandmother was half Cherokee, and she was pretty cool.
    Stinky Europeans type folks were just out of control back then... pretty much still are IMO.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FWIW, V for Vendetta was an excellent graphic novel before it was a movie. Much deeper than the film.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).