Page 121 of 395 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3950

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 121

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Best description I've seen of in-season tomatoes I keep looking at my abused little plants and thinking "Grow! The countdown to the first frost is already on!"

Glad you're (mostly) feeling better at the moment!

I like your view on religion. I pretty much share it
    Tomatoes! All the NOM!

Jesus, Buddha, and religion...
    (I do philosophy, not "religion"... particularly eastern and some greek)
    I've long been a fan of eastern religious Phil and been reading Deepak Chopra's Budda: A Story of Enlightenment in snippets while reading other books, and I find it lovely. The Buddha as MAN walking his path in life, not just divine leader. With some "spirit stuff" in it too of course... kind of unavoidable. Still a worthwhile read for me.

It would be cool if someone took the kid gloves off and wrote a good book about Jesus like that.
    I like some of the Jesus Phil too... he was way more chill than that OT stuff that had been conglomerated from ten other local/regional religions and pretty much amounts to "Men chosen by god, do whatever you want... the rest are gonna DIE!!! Smite Smite Smite!"

Of course I'm pretty sure some Christians would flip lids if you wrote a book about ol' Jesus as a regular guy doing his thing just walking the path of his life that lead him to his big new ideas (aka enlightenment!). I'd buy a copy though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Have you read Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff? I lent it to a philosophically minded friend. He lost it and is pretty sure his Catholic parents threw it out

Beware, you will forever more snicker when you hear the word "judo"
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Have you read Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff? I lent it to a philosophically minded friend. He lost it and is pretty sure his Catholic parents threw it out

Beware, you will forever more snicker when you hear the word "judo"
    Ahh, nope. But it was just added to "the List" within my phone!
    I love all things Monty Python... Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, Grail... etc.
    Gaimen/Pratchett (everything!) Good Omens
    The original "The Gods Must be Crazy"...
    All good stuff...

The Chopra is just a good "story time" story about the philosophy of Zen Buddhism and how it came about. It's not comedy or farce... although those things are always welcome. Was just reading the Wiki description of Lamb/Biff and it sound great.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

With that list, yeah, I think you'll like it. I haven't read anything else by Christopher Moore, but I probably should.

I should read more serious stuff, but by the end of the day I usually want silly or my books that are throughly broken in I've read them so often. (hm, if I stop re-reading I'll have time to expand my literary experiance)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member

is it wrong to want to punch a child?

cause i want to. both of them.

I AM BIGGER THAN YOU. I WILL SHOVE MY FIST IN YOUR STOMACH AND PULL OUT YOUR SOUL.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

You keep your soul in your stomach? Now I hadn't considered that for a hiding place . . .

Oh, sorry, what were we talking about again?

mortal kombat let the cat out of the bag with the whole head/spine removal so people had to find a new hiding spot

we're talking about people, and me hating that it's illegal to hunt them
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Oh, right.

Southern Shires Bloodhounds Daahling, you just need to join the right hunt club

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    is it wrong to want to punch a child?

cause i want to. both of them.

I AM BIGGER THAN YOU. I WILL SHOVE MY FIST IN YOUR STOMACH AND PULL OUT YOUR SOUL.
    It is not wrong.

A couple of days ago I was about a millimeter from snatching up husbands service weapon and going on a neighborhood child killing spree because they SCREAM constantly.
    I can respect children's play noises, but in my neighborhood it's more than that. They shriek, they shout, they cry at unimaginable decibels... and the parents ignore. Sometimes it is very obvious sibling fighting... angry broken shrieks from one and shrill cries from the other... no one intervenes.
    And I start to get that panicky feeling inside my head from over stimulation... and want to make it all STOP!
    I know that .45's are good at stopping things.

Instead I went and found my Bose QC15'a and blocked out most of the world noise that was grinding at my nerves...
    My head just isn't much into hearing lately, and those annoying screaming children climb quickly to the top of my list every time they start up!
    The last few days of rain have been a joy!
    No children's noises to be heard.
    The rain is supposed to continue... perhaps it's a blessing upon my poor riddled soul... perhaps 'someone' is just trying to prevent some really great news ratings about a mass murder of children in Central FL this week.

Awesomesauce all around for Blind Melon and Candlebox!
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i would write you daily and ask for your autograph

i went shopping for ma cause she's babysitting grandkids, and while i was trying to figure out what the hell brand to get two little girls walked by me whispering, then whispered 'oink oink' then giggled

nooooo, you little shits. i'm not bloated and grumpy and stiff and i'm TOTALLY DEAF so for SUUUUUUURE, PLEASE DO DRIVE ME TO HOMICIDAL RAGE BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I'M NOT EVER ALWAYS 3 STEPS FROM SNAPPING

but due to thorough childhood and relationship training, i froze, looked down, stayed quiet until the bad words went away

and then RAWR I'M ANGURRRED

as i told bay via text-
    corner them and say i will follow you home and pee on you every night. your mother will eventually go crazy and beat you and then i will steal you and sell you to the circus

and i would say that with crazy eyes. because i am almost always 3 steps from snapping when i have to deal with people.

the last time i heard pig sounds i was in the disability office and it was from a grownass man.

YES I KNOW I HAVE A MONSTROUS PCOS BELLY. THANK YOU. I'M NOT SURE HOW I WOULD HAVE MADE IT THROUGH THE DAY ANGER-FREE IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOUR HELP.
    beautiful
    yeah you are