Page 116 of 381 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3810

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 116

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's what happened, they sprayed my tree that was filled with beetles, and in it was a bird and babies. I was MAD as hell. The guy was like "don't worry lady, this won't hurt you or your baby or your tree." and I said "what about the baby warblers in the tree? Did it hurt them?"

And he looked a bit sheepish and said "yes, they are probably dead."

NO duh dummy. Beetles weren't the only thing in the tree, stupid.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    If you buy the beetle traps just remember to put them as far away from the garden stuff you want to protect as possible.
    They attract beetles... the beetles are stupid and don't always find the trap quickly.
    While they are in the area, before they find the trap, they eat stuff!
    http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2001.html

Last year, maybe two years ago, my MiL had a huge problem with them. In addition to traps she would take a pail with soapy water out into the garden and try to lower branches into the bucket a bit before giving it a shake to knock them loose. Most of the beetles would fall into the water and drown.
    For a while she was filling a pail every evening in addition to the traps.
    I think they ate the entire centers out of her sunflowers... she has since decided that sunflowers are brilliant traps because she can plant lots cheaply, and when the center of the heads are full bend them over and cut them off into a soapy bucket to kill the whole mess of them.

BAD beetles! You could also squish them into beetlejuice...
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-15-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

i hate those beetles.. they're like douchebag friends who mess all your good stuff up. and then crap on it after. beetlejuice is good tho

and zoe, i'd have had to stare at him til he left. i get hung up about baby/young anything, they're helpless. don't hurt them.

except for baby copperheads and cottonmouths. if you even breathe wrong in their vicinity they come at you like rabid badgers on meth to kill you til you die

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I bought this wine yesterday and thought of you

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I did. That guy was pretty sheepish.

I had IL drama yesterday.

I posted a statement on Facebook that was funny/endearing about MIL. SIL is on my FB friend, and so I knew it would be seen by her. She got upset, she told ILs, they got upset. FIL "confronts" me about it by trying to shame me with phrases such as "I thought you were classier" and "I think you thought you got away with it!" Yes, I totally thought I got away with a perfectly innocent statement. Geez.

So, here's the dynamics in play: 1. SIL likes to detract from her stuff when under IL's shaming, so she usually picks a random statement of mine and rile them up with it. This time, she chose the FB statement. 2. ILs get themselves so stirred up about it that FIL elects himself as "dad" and "shaming-man" and then "has to have a serious talk with me about what I did."

I then tell him that I'm not ashamed of the statement, that I have nothing to be ashamed of, and I refuse to apologize. Heh. they hate that.

I then write a letter to SIL to cut it out and she's no longer on my FB. I then write an email to my ILs explaining that: 1. if they have a problem with my statement/action, we can talk about it, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to continue with whatever I'm saying/thinking/doing. 2. i will not be shamed (they don't' have any power/sovereignty and are in no position to assert that, and as such, I refuse to accept that behavior). 3. this middle-man business is stupid so cut it out. If SIL had a problem, she should talk to me. If MIL has a problem, she should talk to me. FIL admitted he didn't see the statement as 'any big deal' even though he was 'playing the heavy.' So I was like "then why are you and I even having this conversation?"

Be careful the family you marry.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Be careful the family you marry.
    Or, be prepared to AVOID them.
    That's what I do when mine get all dramatic... sometimes for extended periods.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I bought this wine yesterday and thought of you

wakaaaaaa waka waka wakaaaaaaa

that's the song i sing to him

family wtf-ery
    V avoidance *nod* i can't stand petty crap like that

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Or, be prepared to AVOID them.
    That's what I do when mine get all dramatic... sometimes for extended periods.
    sometimes for forever
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I had IL drama yesterday.

Yes. Yes, you did indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    wakaaaaaa waka waka wakaaaaaaa

that's the song i sing to him

V avoidance *nod* i can't stand petty crap like that

sometimes for forever
    Oh yes... that too!

And Waka reminds me of.....

Make me want to be a Droog for Halloween.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche