Page 110 of 378 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3778

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 110

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    zoebird, you are a silly silly woman post any time and any thing you want

i think i freak out about age because 1, i haven't accomplished anything awesome and 2, importance of looks have been pounded into me so part of me freaks out about getting older and more awkward looking

i'd like to get where you are, re; birthdays being a chance to look over accomplishments, but i'm still transitioning from being a flail-er cause i'm a dork

i'm getting there tho
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

OHH DAMN THAT'S MY JAM
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

so i got some new pets

i have no name ideas unless Fish 1 and Fish 2 count

i've also had a headache for most of the day and it's making me a sweet ball of sunshine

but my yellow hibiscus bloomed, lookit how bright and yellow it is

this one had the right tag

i think i'll rename this a testicle plant
    beautiful
    yeah you are

ohai

i want to know how to draw like a master and paint like a pro rightnowrightnowrightnow
    beautiful
    yeah you are

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    yeah, well, when i was 27, I was like "if i don't change things now, ain't nothin' gonna happen." and then the same when DS was a baby, because it was like "i really do not want to raise my son here. we need to move. lets do something completely ridiculously risky!" and so we did.

it's not like these are necessarily huge accomplishments, but by putting in some effort between 27 and 32, it certainly made doing something crazy-risky possible. and, i feel accomplished, even though I'm not a millionaire yet or anything. I'm not even a hundred-thousand-aire anymore. I'm more like a couple-thousand-aire. But, with any luck, I'll be a couple-hundred-thousand-aire in a few years, and then maybe by the time i'm 50, I"ll be a millionaire.

I'm working on it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

OHH DAMN THAT'S MY JAM
    I'm deeply disturbed with this kid. Who told him to try to do seductive dances like that? And try is a key word there. This is why there's a bullying epidemic going on. $20 says this kid gets beat up everyday.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Waaait- if you're two years older than me, then can I look forward to being like you when I grow up?

Zoe- I hear you about looking at your age and deciding that it just has to happen. That's how I moved to Colorado. If I didn't do it at 28 with a job, then I'd be doing it at 29 without one, and that's a bad idea. However- now I'm looking at my financial and mental situation and thinking very hard about ditching the current job for waitressing. As long as it covers the basics, I do have some money ferrited away so I can regain my mental equilibrium to then be able to chase a dream.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    are you growing lemon cucumbers (aka testicle plants)? those are so delicious! pretty hibiscus!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    My bettas have the incredibly inventive names of Kitchen Betta (male king betta... center) and The Ladies (female bettas, one on the left and one on the right of Kitchen Betta).
    Guess where they live!

My reef fished are a different story.
    The pair of clowns is "Mac" and "Cheese" (The female is Cheese... because she is bigger... the big cheese)
    My royal gramma is Fuckweasel.
    The Scooter Blenny pair is Birdee and Justin. (Practical Magic, duuhhhhh)
    The Yellow Watchman Goby is Mr. Manhattan (so obvious)
    And the Pygmy Angel is Xi (the gods must be crazy)

I love my fishes. <3

Mac and Cheese and Mr. Manhattan have been with me for like 8 years!
    As has a single gold tailed blue damsel... that lives perpetually in the purgatory of QT, and is known as that stoopid fish.

There is currently a Bi-Color Blenny in QT with the stoopid fish.
    It has no name yet as it has not completed transition to the display tank. Maybe in another month.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    i LOL'd at the testicle plant.

I also think the name "kitchen betta" is great. they are such pretty fish. I might consider getting some for us, except we don't have anywhere to put them.

I'm trying to sort my nichiren ritual for the kiddo. He loves him some chanting, but meditation is beyond him at this point. And i want to raise him buddhist, so nichiren it is. simple, 20 minute ritual every day that includes reading two parts of the lotus sutra. and, you get to chant. He loves that stuff. And he loves the buddha. He's so funny about buddhas. When he was a baby, he used to play with two wooden buddhas that I had, mostly "picking at their teeth" which were ivory. So, we used to call him "The Buddha's Dentist." And, I've told him the basic story of siddhartha, and he thinks that's pretty cool.

He also asked if buddha died like jesus, and why do they always depict jesus on the cross, because it seems pretty ouchy to him. My mother (being catholic) told him that it was ouchy, but jesus rose from the dead. And hawk said "I don't think so, Amma. Dead is dead, like this!" and then killed a fly. And then goes "If jesus was raised from the dead, then so also would this fly, or you or I." Mom explained that Jesus was special, because he was God and the son og God, to which DS replied that one can't be one's own father, as that is bizarre. It makes no sense, he told her.

I explained "it's an allegory (then explained what an allegory is, since we've gone through beowulf), and he goes "oooh. I see, it's a story that isn't precise but is accurate." He then decided that the real story of Jesus is that he died in Kasmir, being a buddhist teacher.

heh. My mother is so upset.

This has nothing to do with betas, other than, I'm creating an alter for our Nichiren practice, and I don't have a place to put that either.

What? I can be random.
    Last edited by zoebird; 06-08-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spacing