Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3925

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 109

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    #20 looks like a nice guy
    #20 reads like a loon
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

holy shit i'm 31 already.
    Just shut up.

Young people bitchin' about getting old pisses me off!

#20 looks like a nice guy
    #20 reads like a loon
    And likes Grizz-ly bears.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Just shut up.

Young people bitchin' about getting old pisses me off!
    sigh.. okay.. since i'm supposed to respect my elders and all
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

sigh.. okay.. since i'm supposed to respect my elders and all
    LOL... Thanks for that.

30 hit DW hard; 40 hit me hard; 50 will probably have us both racing for the tequila.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    LOL... Thanks for that.

30 hit DW hard; 40 hit me hard; 50 will probably have us both racing for the tequila.
    This makes me laugh because:

A. 30 hit me hard... mostly because the sweet, sweet, (note the SARCASM please) husband somehow managed to skew my poor little mind into being 30 TWICE.
    When I was about to turn 29 his joke was that I might as well say 30, because no one ever believes 29 anyway. This got bandied about a lot and lo an behold, before long I was telling people I was 30. Then, the next year when 30th birthday came around I had one of those "hold on just a cotton pickin minute" moments, and was all... HOLY crap, I'm 30 AGAIN! Dear sweet husbands respose to this was, "Well see... now you know it isn't so bad."
    He's lucky he didn't die that year.

B. For some weird reason 40 is hitting husband hard. I'm not there yet, but I feel like I don't really care. At this point as long as my brain is cooperating and not acting stoopid and strokey...everything is a bonus!

Also...
    Me: (Taking my trash out)Hey, uh... whatcha doing?
    #27: Nothing just standing around in a giant trash bag looking awesome!
    Me: OK, *shrug* see ya round... (mumble) cause I'll be watchin out for you next time.
    #27: (yelling after me as I walk away) I drink PICKLE JUICE!!!
    Me: (walking faster)
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Cori, I was really, really, REALLY down about 40 (nutshell: holy fucking sheepshit, half my life [approx.] is over and I've done nada; woe is me). And then, just as suddenly, I shook it off. Whining about it ain't gonna help.

I also play head games with DW. When we moved into our house we got to be good friends with our neighbors Larry and Sharon. However, I kept referring to Larry as Jerry, as in: Huh, looks like Jerry's mowing the lawn, or Jerry's back with some pizza! The win came when she actually called him Larry and had to explain my fuckery, and for months -- no, years after that, she had to stop and think, Larry or Jerry, Larry or Jerry?

She also plays weird games with me, like springing out of hiding when I think she's not around, just really random shit. It's really what keeps the marriage alive.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol. apparently i creep up on my husband and scare him. well, that's what he thinks, it's just that he gets really into what he's doing and i generally walk/move quietly. i try to announce myself in some casual way before entering a room when i know he's really zoned in on something, otherwise he'll spook.

i'm looking forward to my 30s. my 20s were full of taking care of babies and life upheavals (unemployment, living in substandard situations, not having enough money for anything, not getting out to play or have time to myself). in my 30s, my kids will all be old enough for me to ditch for various periods of time (so i can go out more with the hubs, or on roadtrips with friends), and will be more capable of doing semi-adult things like paintball, road trips, ceilidhs, etc. Plus if we're a two income household, we should have some spare change for vacations, nights out, and other things like that. sure, that has nothing directly to do with age, but nevertheless that's the association i have with 30s. i guess my late 40s will be the start of empty nesting and maybe some more extensive traveling if we can afford it and the earth hasn't imploded.

i shan't be having childers for at least a while, but i kinda look forward to the bossing

like this

so i can hear BUT MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and the dream sequences on the remade nightmare on elm street aren't anywhere near as creepy as the originals. yes i've seen it before. yes i was disappointed by it. yes i'm watching it again cause, why not

and i guess i'm a quitter, cause with everything else on my mind i just don't feel like the food wrestle. so eff it for now, i'll fist to mouth butter sticks when my brain calms down some
    beautiful
    yeah you are

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I never feel clever enough to write in here.

hmm. jumping in though. . .

i was thrilled at my 30th birthday. I felt like I had "arrived" in a way. I looked back on my 20s and saw the horrible first 2 years, then the stupid law school time, then the choosing to teach yoga decision (yay!), and then the get-my-crap-together and be a 'grown up' decisions that had lead us to some good financial and other stability in our lives. And, I could look forward and go "wow, I can see good things coming like developing my business, having kids, and so many things that I can't imagine!"

at 32, I had the kid -- which was super awesome. I still like him, too. Sometimes he makes me absolutely bonkers, and he wants more attention from me these days. I'm over working, so I'm slowly moving things "off my plate" so that I can have more time with him.

at 34, we moved to NZ (yay!) which was super awesome, best decision ever, and now I run my dream business. I can't wait until it actually gets a bit easier (ie, we're earning more money from it), but considering it's sustainable at just over 2 years in, and I feel great about it!

i'm going to be 36 this year, which is pretty sweet. Last year, I couldn't even get my head out of everything going-on to birthday myself, so I'm thinking of this one in a birthday-y way wherein I evaluate whether i'm doing what i want to be doing or just flailing about.

So, feeling good about the last 5-6 years -- lots of good things accomplished and double happiness and stuff. Feeling excited about the next 4-5 years as things really take root here. I'm excited about the progress so far, and looking forward to continued progress. I become an "international yoga teacher" this August when I teach in Australia. I rule! LOL

There are areas where I need a fair amount of work. I need to take more responsibility for/with the money. I know that I've been making MASSIVE progress in that area, but at the same time, I need to make a lot more. I just feel kind of useless about it -- and I'd like to be less useless about it. So, there's a goal for me to add to the pile of "Things I'm working on."

Yeah, so, that's how I work out. I'm not really ever that worried or upset about birthdays. I find them as opportunities. I do the same with tax season, actually. Taxes tell you how healthy your business is. So, you know, it's a good evaluation of how things are going.

I guess I just alway see the dragon in the glass.