Page 105 of 358 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3574

Thread: the purple prose of petunia pettigrew page 105

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i love antiques. i love them. must resist strong urge to dig into savings and splurge on etsy because oh my, i love antiques

not all, but certain very old niches

i want them soooo baaadddddd

i was twitchy and jumpy and i wanted many things to do at once so i could bleed the energy off, bay had the suggestion of doing pushups together, and he's in his place and i'm in my place so we had to go on the honor system

he, being a buff studly manly man, naturally pounded them out on the floor, while i, with my sore hind end did them on a counter

i like when he says 'impressive' to me

and today was my farewell extra carbs day before trying out low carbing for my peekos. i went to subway for the first time in years and ordered a cold cut sammich. sweet baby jebus have mercy, it was good

and naturally i got tired in the hours afterward

i wonder how freezing cooked sweet potato chunks would turn out, as past experience has shown me that frozen potatoes in frozen dinners are hellaciously mealy. i have faith in my beta caroteney friends, and if faith doesn't work i have a stick of butter
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh... I have old things NEEEEDDDDSS!

I tend to prefer useful and usable things though...
    A certain type of John Clappison Hornsea coffee mug. (early 70's kitsch)
    If husband knew how much some of those mugs cost he'd choke on the coffee! LOL
    Some specific types of Melmac bowls, particularly the thin ones with crazy colors (40's-60's)
    And early electric percolators... from chrome to mid-century modern atomic... (30's-50's)
    My earliest ones are from the 30's... the one I have used for the past 4 years or so is a two piece steam vacuum percolator that is about 75 years old.

I have few other tchotchke desires... so it works pretty well... If one actually believes that TWO people need 16 coffee mugs. (And I'm not done collecting some of the patterns I covet most... ).
    Collectibles that I use every day instead of just look at make me happy. I like to think about all the people who made coffee in those percolators, drank it from the mugs... mixed up something for dinner in my bowls.
    Just like I do.

Oh and push-ups.... Impressive!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Judith... you are treading on some thin ice girl... you best back off before I CUT YOU!
    *shoves the spambot hussy towards the exit*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Yeesh- how did I miss the discussion that was all about me? *sigh* Do I need to start haunting this place on the weekends, too?

First: Yay on being accepted, BloodOrchid! It really is an amazing feeling, isn't it?

Second- good job, Cori. Dressage Chic. Dressage is my sport of choice. Something about tall leather boots, spurs, always carrying a whip, and demanding women making me hurt. It's good (Not that I'm riding at the moment, and I lost my last whip before I moved, but it's still my sport of choice)

Aaand- I like my men like I like my horses:

Strong, dark, and well trained
    Well built, sweet, and a good ride
    With a bigger ass than me. Oh, wait, that's just the four-legged ones
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Ahhh.... *squeeeee*
    My inner nerd is blushing with pride.

I grew up riding, starting at about 4.
    I was one of those heathen country girls that spent most of my time riding bareback though.
    Sometimes with only some twine on the halter...
    Some of the running through the woods trails, jumping of downed trees...
    When not riding the horses I was often trail riding on a two stroke dirt bike... which means the standing crouch for hours.
    MY GOD, my thighs must have been amazing!
    I had no clue at the time of course. LOL

What's the saying... "I wish I was as skinny now as when I was young thought I was fat". ROFL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I didn't manage to talk my parents into it until I was 9- and that was proper lessons so I'm still not very good at bareback. Although one of my life goals is to be able to ride like an Indian. (Which is part of the draw of dressage- deep seat and lots of communication)

I went to college for horses- and there were two types- the backyard type that didn't have a whole lot of polish, but stuck like glue to anything, and the monied type that had lots of polish- but not necessarily a lot of stick. For some reason, I gravitated toward the backyard type. Maybe because they tended to be sane

Most people gain a Freshman 15. I lost 10# I'd love to have that body back! Mentally and emotionally I was a disaster, but physically I was doing great! (And had no idea)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Yeah, I'm the back yard type...
    I can actually remember my first ride.
    Not a pony, a 15hand app mare (my mom's horse).
    Mom put me up on her bareback, had me grab a handful of that sparse little mane, and positioned my feet toes tuned in for grip instead of pointing straight up and floppy. As if my little legs could grip yet!
    She felt huge. Awe inspiring. And strange as her back rolled with her steps.
    Mom lead her in halter... I fell off.
    I was shocked and a bit scared of course.
    Mom didn't give me much quarter, and I was brushed off and immediately put back up.
    I hung on better the second time.

By the time I was 11 or 12 I had a big young app gelding of my own.
    I'd ride him out for a while then find a place for him to graze, turn facing his rear and lay done and cat nap.
    Bare feet hooked over his withers and head on his rump.
    Escapism at it's finest.

I still cannot imagine how anyone could think that a horse or a horse barn stinks.
    Horses smell like heaven. And horse barns smell like earth, and sweet hay, and heaven all rolled together.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I still cannot imagine how anyone could think that a horse or a horse barn stinks.
    Horses smell like heaven. And horse barns smell like earth, and sweet hay, and heaven all rolled together.
    +1
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I wish I could have done that. My parents said I could have a horse when I could afford to keep it. There were LOTS of plots and plans, but I never did figure it out while I was home. I bought my first horse at 18 when I was at college. I worked off his board so I could afford to keep him Of course, they tried to use paying for my riding lessons over my head to get me to do better in math. Unfortunately for them, I was just good enough at math to figure out that I could pay for the lessons myself with my library page job. Never got better than a C in math after that.

The first horse I remember sitting on was a Percheron. My grandfather's friend had a team of them, so we went over to ride. I was, um, 5 or 6? Might be part of the reason that I have a major soft spot for big horses. Perch's in particular.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i'm hyper

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

low carb day 1 has been a win. precooked bacon, preboiled eggs. all vitamins accounted for. TWO drops of lugols cause i'm hardcore. walked uphill downhill. loved on me some dogs. still am. they smell better since i bathed them the other day.

3 dozen eggs might be enough for a few days. i'll probably munch on those randomly continuously erroneously congruently

supper later is boiled to mush cabbage cause that's the way i like it

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...... yeah that's it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!