Thread: Starting a Whole 30 (60?) this Sunday page

Velocity is offline Senior Member

Starting a Whole 30 (60?) this Sunday

May turn into a Whole 60 if I do two consecutive W30. I'm partnering up with another MDA'er who doesn't much post here anymore (climbergirl), and we're going to keep each other accountable throughout the entire thing. Turns out sixty days ends right on Thanksgiving, which is an excellent way to finish off a challenge.

I'm doing this because I'm finding that I have a bit of a weakness for dark chocolate (can't really control consumption once I open a bar), and I need to regain control of that. There's also the desire to eliminate some stubborn stomach fat that hasn't gone anywhere in literally a year... I swear I look the exact same as I did a year ago. This could mean homeostasis, but considering I've never had a low enough BF% to actually be considered "cut," it's a goal of mine and I want to see how the total elimination of dairy (I use butter for cooking, occasional cheese) and chocolates will affect my body.

I still plan on working in a couple carb refeeds each week, coupled with weight training (bodyweight, gymnastics-based); sprinting and a lot of walking are mainstays (one primary sprint per week, at least 3 miles / walking per day), and I play basketball outdoors on Saturday mornings with a group of guys so that counts as sprinting as well considering the interval nature of full-court ball.

Anyone else want to join in on this? I will be starting a journal in the PB Journal subforum for those who wish to join in, even if only for the first 30 days.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Primetimegirl is offline Member
    I would love to join in on this. But since I seem to be having diet issues can you or anyone that posts after me give me some pointers on what I should eat. I'm 127 pounds 5'3 trying to get down to 120. I need someone to keep me accountable but I also need some help in knowing what to eat and how much to exercise. Any help would be great.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This page will give you a pretty good idea of how the Whole 30 program works. It's essentially Primal Blueprint, taking away dairy, cheats, "Primalized" foods like "PB cupcakes" (i.e., no "PB-fied" junk food), etc., but I'll let you read and see for yourself.

Exercise is up to you, as Whole 30 is more of a dietary/nutrition challenge than anything else.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal