Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quality of Meats page 2

gsg603 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, everyone thank you SO much for your feedback. Not sure on the organs, tallow, bones, etc. yet. I am trying to ease into this slowly. I am coming off of being vegan and trying to get my head around eating meat again. I know I will fall into the routine again, will just take some time. But eating organs, oxtail, tallow, knuckles, etc. makes my stomach want to turn. So for now, I'll still to the cheap lean cuts, get grass fed butter (if I can find it) and go from there.

Good news!!! I did find a pastured farm near me that has eggs, chickens, lamb, beef, pork, and rabbit. Not sure on the rabbit yet, but the others sounds good. I got a price list and am starting to rearrange things so I will be able to afford these items. My health and the prevention of all the diseases is worth more to me than anything. I will make this work!!!!
    Dena

Proud Single Mom to Mackenzie

Proud Non-Smoker since 10/29/05

I believe that how you feel is very important to how you look - that healthy equals beautiful.
    Victoria Principal

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Like everyone said, eating regular meat is okay. The "Holier than thou" crackpots will have a problem with your decision, but most of us don't have the money to afford 100% local, organic, grassfed meats, so we do what we can! It's a lot better than eating the SAD!

gsg603 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you Zed!!!!! That makes me feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one whose tight budget impedes them from buying 100% local, organic, grassfed. It is a wonderful idea, but impractical for me at this time. Over time I will eventually get there, but for now its about starting that is important.
    Dena

Proud Single Mom to Mackenzie

Proud Non-Smoker since 10/29/05

I believe that how you feel is very important to how you look - that healthy equals beautiful.
    Victoria Principal

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Making the transition to Primal is much more difficult than making the transition to "better" primal. Do what you can as soon as you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12