Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almond milk yes or no? page 2

Monika is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    **giggle** milking almonds....jeeze

gsg603 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means, but the protein powder I initially used was Jay Robb chocolate whey protein isolate. About a year later I switched to my current preference, Pure Power chocolate whey concentrate from Mercola.com, which is made from organic milk from grass fed cows and includes probiotics and chia seeds. It's not as tasty as Jay Robb, which is almost too delicious (uses stevia), but it seems much more nutritious. I've also heard good things about Primal Fuel.
    Thank you Timothy for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I will look into Primal Fuel.
    Dena

Proud Single Mom to Mackenzie

Proud Non-Smoker since 10/29/05

I believe that how you feel is very important to how you look - that healthy equals beautiful.
    Victoria Principal

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    I say no to almond milk - almonds are very high in omega 6's which are inflammatory and it is a processed food. In primal/paleo, nuts are OK in moderation - like maybe a handful a day - almond milk would be equivalent to a lot more than that.
    JKC~ What you said makes perfect sense. I'll be done with my carton and switch over 100% to Coconut Milk all the time...or whenever I need the "liquid".

Monika is offline Member
    Thanks guys and gals for your replies.

reflex is offline Member
    I make my morning smoothie with 1 banana, 1 cup each frozen blueberries and marion berries, 2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze, and one ounce Tera's Whey. Is this perfectly "Primal?" Hell, no! Is it diary and grain-free? YES. Does it work beautifully for my insane schedule? Absolutely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12