Welcome Jaye. I'm so glad primal is working well for you.
Hi all. Glad to be here!
Your location: Wisconsin
Age (If you want): 37
How Primal are you: I started loosely following the diet about 4 months ago. This last month I've been straight paleo.
Do you consume dairy: not anymore. Good aged cheese and butter are the things I miss most but I need to stay away from them for health reasons.
Do you drink coffee or tea: No caffeinated beverages
Motivator for switching to Primal: Endometriosis. I was losing 3 days a month to the pain abyss. I still have adhesion pains (which are terrible) but my actual flow is a breeze now.
Favorite exercise: hiking while foraging for wild foods (is that grock enough for ya? ) Barefoot jogging is nice, too.
Favorite Primal food: So many but I'll limit myself! Leg of goat. Liver and onions. All seasonal vegetables at their peak. Trout.
Best part about being Primal: not feeling as much pain or pelvic inflammation.
Worst part about being Primal: the weird social interactions with people who think my diet is "unnatural" or weird though they suffer from diseases of civilization but continue to eat SAD.
Welcome Jaye. I'm so glad primal is working well for you.
Ancestral Health Info
I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.
Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.
My goal pic...
Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)
Thanks you guys! I'm glad to be here!
If you are still suffering with PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibrocystic Breasts or cysts there is a great deal of hope.
THE number 1 cause for PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibrocystic Breasts AND the eventual cancers of these organs PLUS Prostate problems in men with resulting prostate cancers are ALL THE SAME ! Also hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Graves Disease & Hashimotos. A nationwide severe iodine deficiency. Every cell in the human body requires iodine to be healthy, ESPECIALLY the reproductive organs and the Thyroid which is responsible for hormones.
What happened to all of that iodized salt??? What little iodine we have in our cells has been replaced by nasty toxins called Bromides, Fluorides & Chlorides. (Halide Chemicals) We live in a SEA of these toxins in our food, our drinking water, our toothpaste, hair coloring, everywhere! These toxins cripple our immune system so that it is not as effective killing virus, germs, candida, & cancer cells. For the complete and horrible story see this link, Iodine References:
Please pass these files on to friends & relatives. Send them out on Facebook & Twitter. Get the word out to everyone.
Symptoms from Iodine Deficiency
(typically the same as hypothyroidism - Link )
* Aches and pains, vague (1) * Asthma (13)
* Brittle Nails (12) * Candida(4)
* Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (9)
* Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
* Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
* Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
* Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
* Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
* Fatigue (1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Fibromyalgia (4)
* Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
* Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
* Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
* Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
* Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
* Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
* Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12) * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
* Sweating reduced or gone(1) * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1) * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3) * Weakness (12) * Weight gain (1)
THERE ARE MUCH MORE - 181 Symptoms ! ! ! Consequences of Iodine Deficiency
Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
* Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
* Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
* Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
* Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
* Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
* Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
* Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
1) Iodine Deficiency | University of Michigan Health System
(2) Thyroid Cyst Symptoms | eHow.com
(3) Iodine Cures
(4) Iodine Therapy
(5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
(6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
(7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
(8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
(9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
(10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
(11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
(12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
(13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones
Join us at our Iodine Thread if you have any questions:
Along with general PB guidelines look in to cold thermogenesis, I think it may help reduce estrogen dominance.
Welcome Jaye - It's been awhile since your original post. I have endo and PCOS and I'm curious about your adhesion pain. My flow and cramps have improved enormously having gone primal 2 years ago, but I still have very specific sharp pain at times - not necessarily with my flow, but during intercourse or a bowel movement. Would you call that adhesion pain? I've been looking into treatment options to see what I can do. How are things going for you?
Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."
June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
Current: 150 - size 8/10
Goal:130 - size 6
Your Endometriosis is cured by the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. So, too are the other female diseases of Fibrocystic Breasts, PCOS, and fibroids. Female organs require a lot of iodine to stay healthy. It has to do with the requirement of cells to perform Apoptosis and cells cannot do apoptosis without iodine.
See Testimonials, instructions & Dr. Reports here:
PS) How do you cook goat meat so it is not tough & chewy?
We have tried everything to no avail.
Join us at the Iodine Thread,
Last edited by Grizz; 07-12-2012 at 02:03 AM.