Thread: If'ing and the lose of appetite page

soror is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I am just beginning to experiment w/ the If'ing and have noticed a significant decrease in appetite. At what point do you think that is a problem. It is nice not worrying about food, but now it has me paranoid. I still have this paranoia that I will kill my metabolism and weight loss efforts by not eating enough.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

dfast is offline Member

If you're doing intense exercise every now and then as well as not fasting for overly long periods of time (we're talking 36+ hours), you'll be fine. I had the same concerns when I started IFing - until I saw the results.

Good luck!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I would say it becomes a problem if you notice your energy declining along with your appetite. I've been IFing for 2 years and have never had that problem.

Besides, people throw the word "metabolism" around a lot but I think only a few people here know what they're talking about when it comes to that, and I'm not one of them. Metabolism seems to be a huge and complicated thing with a ton of variables, so don't worry about it. Stick to basics.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

soror is offline Senior Member

Thank you for indulging my momentary freak out. I really like eating less, it is such a pain when you are never full. However, I guess I don't know what a normal amount of food is to eat. Plus, reading on the CF site it seems a lot of those guys If but then consume the same amount of calories, just in a smaller window. My energy is fine, actually great considering I have a 6 week old

Mama to 4, wife to my love